Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im about to give up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

iv been trying to make sure my step daughter is treated equal but her mom keeps telling her she doesnt have to listen to me and its becoming really difficult

just in the last week iv taken her toys away,she threw them at my ds

shes been in time out every single day 3 times a day because she wont listen

she just dumps everything on the floor,cereal,milk,toys whatever

she has hit my stomach many times since i became pregnant,which resulted in her spending the day in her room with nothing in it but her mattress

and when i do punish sdd,i get shit for it.im honestly about to have dh put her in day care when shes here,im at the end of my rope and dont know what else to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarbear8508
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:50 PM
That's horrible. I hope things get easier soon. What does your dh say to all of this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Quoting sarbear8508: That's horrible. I hope things get easier soon. What does your dh say to all of this?

he tries correcting sdd also,but her mom  doesnt give a crap so he doesnt really talk with her unless he has to

sarbear8508
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:55 PM
But hitting your stomach is way over the line. Waaaay over. Dh needs to talk to his ex, and if he doesn't do that he needs to sit down with his daughter and talk to her. Is she acting out in defiance, or possibly is she jealous of the new baby? Get to the root of it.
tiafez
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM

why are you watching the child? does she live with Dad?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Quoting sarbear8508: But hitting your stomach is way over the line. Waaaay over. Dh needs to talk to his ex, and if he doesn't do that he needs to sit down with his daughter and talk to her. Is she acting out in defiance, or possibly is she jealous of the new baby? Get to the root of it.

her mom tells her to do these things. shes 4 so shes going to listen to her mom,dh does talk to her and it stops for a day but starts right back up

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Quoting tiafez:

why are you watching the child? does she live with Dad?

for 2 weeks a month shes here so yes

phoenix819
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

How old is this girl? Is she old enough to know that hitting your stomach could hurt the baby, and she could (possibly) kill it? If so, she should be placed in counseling. It sounds like the mother is breeding hatred in her, and she feels an unhealthy allegiance to her mother. (I say unhealthy because it's causing her to lash out violently)

You and her dad getting together was somewhat of a tragedy in her mind. It signified that her chance of getting her original family back together was gone. The baby you're pregnant with just solidifies the fact. I would watch her VERY carefully around your baby once it's born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Quoting phoenix819:

How old is this girl? Is she old enough to know that hitting your stomach could hurt the baby, and she could (possibly) kill it? If so, she should be placed in counseling. It sounds like the mother is breeding hatred in her, and she feels an unhealthy allegiance to her mother. (I say unhealthy because it's causing her to lash out violently)

You and her dad getting together was somewhat of a tragedy in her mind. It signified that her chance of getting her original family back together was gone. The baby your pregnant with just solidifies the fact. I would watch her VERY carefully around your baby once it's born.

shes 4 and iv been around since before she was born,shes known me her entire life.

sarbear8508
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Ex sounds like a nice piece of work. Have you tried giving the little grl "treats" for good behavior when she does behave? Like hey I liked how you helped me do you wanna go to the park later? I dont know. Sorry my example sucks, I've never been there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sarbear8508: But hitting your stomach is way over the line. Waaaay over. Dh needs to talk to his ex, and if he doesn't do that he needs to sit down with his daughter and talk to her. Is she acting out in defiance, or possibly is she jealous of the new baby? Get to the root of it.

her mom tells her to do these things. shes 4 so shes going to listen to her mom,dh does talk to her and it stops for a day but starts right back up

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Quoting sarbear8508: Ex sounds like a nice piece of work. Have you tried giving the little grl "treats" for good behavior when she does behave? Like hey I liked how you helped me do you wanna go to the park later? I dont know. Sorry my example sucks, I've never been there.
Quoting Anonymous:

iv honestly tried everything,rewards for acting good,punishing for being bad.....nothings working and im getting to round to keep bending over every time she dumps something on the floor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)