Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Different cries

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I cannot figure out my baby's cries. I know when she is hungry because of the "neh" sound. Everything else sounds the exact same to me. I don't know what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
307mama
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM

It took me a while to finally distinguish the differences. And even then I still don't get it right. 

Amomiofiglio
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:50 PM

How old is she?  It took us a while to differentiate the cries. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:51 PM
So what do you do? Usually she cries because of hunger first but after that, I have no idea. I just try different things and if nothing works, feed more. :(

Quoting 307mama:

It took me a while to finally distinguish the differences. And even then I still don't get it right. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Month.

Quoting Amomiofiglio:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Takes a while, don't stress out about it :)

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Other signs she might be hungy are lip smacking, rooting, etc. It is not just the cry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:52 PM

How old is your baby?

I'm going to ask something and I'll probably get bashed for it but I don't mean to hurt feelings or offend

How much attention do you pay to what your baby needs? How much time do you spend on the phone or computer as opposed to looking on your child and listening? My sister didn't bond with her child and couldn't recognize what baby needed because she was constantly on the phone, on facebook, asking people to hold her kid rather than figuring out what she needed on her own. 

You need to listen to your gut, your intuition. You will be able to figure out what your babys cries mean if you listen to baby and your gut.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Are you breastfeeding? Calm down and ask for irl help if you need to

Quoting Anonymous: So what do you do? Usually she cries because of hunger first but after that, I have no idea. I just try different things and if nothing works, feed more. :(
Quoting 307mama:

jellybeanjean
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM
I can't tell the difference either.... But for some reason I can tell if he is hungry, scared, doesn't like something, wants something ...etc....
Amomiofiglio
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM

That's pretty young.  Plus, you are probably sleeo deprived, right :-)  Just go thru the check list---check diaper, check last time fed, check and see if she just needs a cuddle.

Quoting Anonymous: Month.
Quoting Amomiofiglio:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)