Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Long Do You Breastfeed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

So with all these posts about women breastfeeding until age 4 or 5, at what age did you/do you plan to stop? My oldest stopped when he was 4 months and I continued to pump for 2 months. Then we switched to formula. My second nursed for 3 months and when I went back to work, my supply dropped. I wanted to make it to a year with both, but it didn't work out that way. My opinion....nursing until age 1, 1 1/2 is good. Anything over 2 is a little overboard. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM
The longest was 2 years. I couldn't take it anymore after that
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM
My child decided to stop on their 5th birthday, I was expecting it and ready.
SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Only 5 months with my oldest, and I regret stopping.  I went 17 months with #2, and only weaned because he was only nursing at night and I needed sleep! I would like to go 2 years with #3 (who is not even concieved yet lol), but I think that's the longest I would go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM
2 years
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Like two months

MommeeTo4
by &1more on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM
2 years
besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM

We'll go up to 2 years. Then MAYBE nurse to sleep.. but I'm good with 2 years lol. We're currently at 4.5months. Ds was FF fed.

jessi19
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM
15 1/2 months with my dd. hoping to go to about 18 months with my son I'm currently pregnant with. A year would be my minimum and I think 2 is my max.
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM

My opinion is, if people are going to go around telling mothers how long they should breastfeed, they should at least get the facts straight first and look past their cultural bias. (I mean this in general, not really towards the OP)

I really don't care how long a mother is going to breastfeed or even if she's going to breastfeed at all.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM
A few weeks. I was way too busy to go beyond that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)