Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Nursed my DD until she was 5 Yrs old AMA

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM
  • 106 Replies

So, I saw the post with the article about the awesome woman nursing her five yr old, and she doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks. So, since most people in this country are clueless and many ignorant about child lead weaning, here I am a real person who has a normal and healthy 10 yr old, who just stopped nursing 5 yrs ago.

Call me gross, I won't be offended. I would just like to clear up people's misconceptions about why a mother nurses to a ripe old age. There are many.

My personal reason. Before I had my DD I had all the same misconceptions and thought it was weird too. But I'm not narrow minded, and after lots of reading about the nature of breast feeding, I decided on child lead weaning. Although, I chose to stop when she tunred 5, not her. So, it wasn't truly child lead for us. I grew tired of it.

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
s.mom4real
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Still ridiculous and I breastfeed
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
6 moms liked this

I think it would be great to put it in a cup.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Ew.

Redcodex
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Go you! I have no questions, just want to tell you I think that's awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:06 PM
My DD was my longest nurser out of my 5 kids. She self-weaned at 17 months! I was so happy when she decided she was done for good! To each their own so no bashing here!
katrina.0822
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:06 PM

My son stopped himself at 6 months. I planned to BF a whole year but I went back to work at 6 months part time and he got breastmilk in a bottle at first while I was gone, then soon he only wanted the bottle and no breast but without him actively nursing my supply dropped bad. So he got breastmilk and formula for a while, then around 8 months just formula when I was only producing like 1 oz at a time.

kam0011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:06 PM
I don't have an issue with it. I just can't imagine having my 4 year old son in my lap breastfeeding just because. That's just me, I don't care what anyone else does. Do you think she used it as a security thing? You said she didn't even want to stop at 5.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:06 PM
No questions. Do you, mama!
nopenope666
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Yuck..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN