Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok?! where did that come from?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I've been with my SO for about 3 or 4 months nows. We don't have any kids together. We just have the 3 I had when I was married. We haven't been together long but I believe its going well. Then today now out of the but my SO approaches me. And says "Honey I feel very strongly about you. In fact I think I love you. I'm really happy. That you and your daughters allowed me to be apart of your lives. Well you know I love then like my own. But how would you feel about expandin?. I'd love to have our own children.". I wasn't able to reply. I'm still not able to. I don't know what to say. I don't really want anymore children. And I don't want to hurt his feelings by saying no. Our girls are 8, 12 and 16. Two of them we're complicated births. I just don't want to go through that all again. It was hard enough the 3 times I did go through it. How do I tell my SO something like that without hurting him. I don't think there is away to do it gently
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Three or four months and you're referring to your children as ours? Desperate much?
rocky_rox90
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Just tell him it's like you said there's no way to do it gently. Good luck!!!

Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That's always something both parties should have in mind when one of the two have child(ren) from previous relationships or marriages.  It's early to be talking about "expanding"  anyway IMO but that's just me.  I understand why you wouldn't want more but at the same time, that should have been mentioned early on. But just tell him because there is no need to hide your feelings. It'll hurt but the truth will be out.

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM
4 moms liked this
I think its way too early to talk about having children. Hell, I think its way too early for the man to be involved in your children's lives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM
3 or 4 months and he wants kids? No...
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

This exactly.  And I would question any man who tells me he LOVES me in that short amount of time and "loves my kids as his own."

OP....why did you let this guy around your kids so soon?  I never, ever understand when women do that.  

Quoting southern.momof2: I think its way too early to talk about having children. Hell, I think its way too early for the man to be involved in your children's lives.

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM
And she's already referring her children as "our" girls. Ridiculous.

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

This exactly.  And I would question any man who tells me he LOVES me in that short amount of time and "loves my kids as his own."

OP....why did you let this guy around your kids so soon?  I never, ever understand when women do that.  

Quoting southern.momof2: I think its way too early to talk about having children. Hell, I think its way too early for the man to be involved in your children's lives.

Daisy1120
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Honesty is always the best policy. I would have never married my DH had he not wanted more children. It was a deal breaker for me. And I would have been very upset had we not talked about it ahead of time. Its an important conversation that needs to happen.

anjones09
by Ash on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:58 PM
I think you guys are moving entirely too fast.
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I hate to say this, but I fear for her TEENAGE daughters with her letting men right into their lives like this.

Quoting southern.momof2: And she's already referring her children as "our" girls. Ridiculous.
Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)