Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I be worried or am I being paranoid.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
My husband and I have been together 7 years and married 4. We have a 13 month old son together. My husband just started college this summer semester. He's getting his associates finished. Anyway lately he's come home and mentioned some girl in his class a few times. "Me and this girl in my class always laugh when the teacher says that" Stuff like that. This week he said this girl started laughing in class out of nowhere and when he asked her why it was some funny cat video and she showed him. Then he said that she told him she'd put it on her Facebook so if he wanted to see it again or show me he could. I was like wait, you have her Facebook? Then yesterday he was late coming home from his group project at his school library and come to find out this girl is in his group. He told me she was. I'm getting REALLY upset. Part of me is trying to stay rational, he's never cheated and if we was going to why would he talk about her. But the other jealous side of me is like why the heck IS he talking so much about her. Advice needed!

Am I being paranoid or should I be worried?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM
WORRY! SERIOUSLY WORRY
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM
He has a crush on her.
chercaruso
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I always say to go with your gut.  If something doesn't seem right then it probably isn't.  You know him better than anyone here.  If you think something is off, then do a little more fact checking and keep an eye on things.  But he will always deny anything is wrong if there's no proof that he is crossing a line.  So you might want to stop bringing it up until you have something more solid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:28 PM
You may not have anything to worry about reeeally, but yeah, I'd be feeling the same. Not sure what I would do at this point but I would stay aware.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Damn it, that's what I was thinking. I haven't brought it up to him because I do trust him but some of my trust is wavering a little because when he talks about her his face lights up and you can just tell he likes her. Or maybe it doesn't do that and I'm imagining things.

Quoting Anonymous: He has a crush on her.
KRIZZ25
i love my black men ,my rocker dudes but the only ones the love me back are babies ,old mean ..can we meet in the middle .
Yesterday at 5:20 PM
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM
if he was cheating he would not tell u about her..
Tuned.Out
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM

With what you have shared.

I would say that it sounds like he is definitely enjoying her attention and the interaction he is having with her. Now, that may or may not lead to something else. That's going to be up to him. He's connecting with her in ways he isn't connecting with you, that's something that can lead to more if a person isn't really conscious of what's happening and willing to stop themselves when their feelings start to cross a line.  

What happens from here is all going to depend on your husband, not you.  You can tell him your concerns,you can tell him you don't like how close he is getting to her,you can cry, yell, scream or whatever. But in the end. Whether or not he pulls back from this or goes full steam ahead is going to be up to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM
I mean what can I do? We aren't having problems really. I mean our sex life has been strained ever since we had our son but he never complains about it. Is there a way I can stop it from going further?
pmsforlife
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Guys who do cheat talk about the home wrecker a lot. I would worry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)