Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf - He can't evict us yet, right?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:15 PM
  • 198 Replies
So DH is quitting his job, he put his two weeks in on Sunday. Our house is part of his salary. His boss is harassing us to basically get out now and randomly started throwing a fit about us having cats even though we've lived here for a year and a half and there was no problem with us having pets until now, coincidence?

I think he's trying to bully DH into withdrawing his two weeks', he took the company truck back today even though DH still has a week and a half of work left, and now this? We already told him we'll be out before the two weeks are up, which is a lot faster than the 30+ days we're legally allowed. It's been three freaking days, sorry we haven't signed a new lease and moved yet, jackass.

He sent his little PA bitch over here for a random "inspection" two days in a row, next time I'm not even answering the door. I'm so ready to be done with this mess. DH was in a great mood this morning with the end in sight, but now he's stressing over trying to find a place before this weekend because he doesn't want to deal with this shit any longer and I can't blame him.
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes he can. He pretty much own the home that you live in and he is pretty much your landlord.
boricua3177
by Monica on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this
What did his employment contract say? Sorry you are going through this mess. I would just get out ASAP to be rid of the bullshit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM
14 moms liked this

yes but even a landlord has to give 30 days notice so yes he can evict but no he can't legally do it yet. If I were op I'd try to find another place asap.

Quoting oliveoil423: Yes he can. He pretty much own the home that you live in and he is pretty much your landlord.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM
4 moms liked this
They generally have to give you a notice to vacate & then file for eviction & go to court. Even if it was part of his pay, they can't just make you leave.
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM
6 moms liked this

If the house is contingent upon his employment--as part of his salary it sounds like it is--then yes, he can evict you.  Why would you think he couldn't?

smalltownteddy
by Fletcher on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM
But DH is still employed by him, still under contract, still receiving his salary, which includes our rent.

Quoting oliveoil423: Yes he can. He pretty much own the home that you live in and he is pretty much your landlord.
smalltownteddy
by Fletcher on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, we are. And we have the money to, we're literally just trying to find a place to get signed. I'm waiting on four callbacks.

Quoting boricua3177: What did his employment contract say? Sorry you are going through this mess. I would just get out ASAP to be rid of the bullshit.

smalltownteddy
by Fletcher on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My question was basically that he can't do it -yet-. DH is still employed by him, and will be for another week an a half. But he's acting like he's going to boot us this week and expect DH to still come to work next week.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

If the house is contingent upon his employment--as part of his salary it sounds like it is--then yes, he can evict you.  Why would you think he couldn't?

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Well I hope so. Why would you get to stay if he wont be working?

ladybugchick317
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM
5 moms liked this

You need to call an atty. He cannot legally harass you and tell you that you have to be out now. You legally have 30 days and there is nothing he can do about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN