Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My babysitter is driving me crazy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My babysitter tries to engage me in conversation OFTEN and it drives me crazy!  I hate to bitch because she takes care of my kids and they like going to her house but seriously she texts and calls me for every little thing....things that don't matter....things that can wait till I ge there.  For example she text me at work to tell me it's raining and it's okay if I wait in the car and she'd send the kids out the car...okay this what I do every day....does this warrant a text message?  Then she texts me again to say oh we didn't get to talk, did you get that teaching job you're looking for also is your son going to be here on his birthday.  I've given her my vacation days several times which include my son's birthday and I wouldn't tell her about my job change unless there was actually a change.  She's text me at work to ask about my ex husband.  She's called me at work to ask if she can get paid early.  She's been paid early and didn't cash the check for a week.  If I don't answer her texts she'll call me if I dont answer the phone she'll text again to say she called me and then ask if im mad at her.  When I pick the boys up i stay in the car so she wont try to talk to me.  I may even pretend to be on the phone when I'm not.  I don't mind talking to her and telling her things, but she's not my friend, she's the sitter.  I pay her, pay her well, I'm never late and I always comply with her requests to be paid early i've received a paycheck.  My babysitter is nice....she's good to my kids...I wont get rid of her, but she is fucking needy as hell and it drives me crazy!  rant over 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Just flat out tell her to call only if it is an emergency.  I've never had a sitter call me while they are working.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:46 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:54 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:59 PM

bump

monserrat_666
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Maybe tell her this yourself
Not on cafemom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:44 PM

1. Doesn't sound like she has a lot of friends, and is looking for adult conversation.  Maybe chat with her for a few minutes when you pick up the kids.

2. Tell her in no uncertain terms that she is only to call or text in an emergency.  You are at work and so is she and you will catch up with her at the end of the day.

Emycf
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM
I would just say, "I can no longer respond to texts, etc. while at work unless it is an emergency, if you have other questions please wait until I pick up the kids to ask."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)