Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I wrong for....

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM
  • 25 Replies
Wanting nothing to do with my mama?

My mama got arrested in March(for the 5th or so time). I got custody of my lil brother (which im going to adopt). She has constantly treated both of us horribly all our lives.

She will never change and tries to give me sob stories to make me feel bad for her and tries to manipulate me with my brother's custody.

I have basically raised him all my life and want nothing but to give him a better life, which he won't get if he has to go back with her.

Am I wrong for wanting her rights terminated and not wanting her to have anything to do with him until she proves she deserves to be part of his life.
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybumblebe
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Nope. Sounds like you had to grow up fast in life. You're definitely not wrong for feeling that way. She needs to get her s-&! Together
amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Not all all sounds like she earned it. If she isn't doing what she needs to for you and your brother then you don't need her in your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM

After I read:

My mama got arrested in March(for the 5th or so time)

I quit reading and decided the answer to your question is NO.

SammyHammy
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I applaud you wanting to take in your little brother and raise him. I would cut ties with your mom. It would be healthier for you and your brother not to be around her. I would steer clear of her until she gets her act together. Good luck with everything!
raisingtimbo95
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM
She will never get anything together. I gave her benefit of the doubt time after time and she continues to mess up. I understand no one is perfect but my point is at least try thats all we ask and we cant even get that

Quoting mybumblebe: Nope. Sounds like you had to grow up fast in life. You're definitely not wrong for feeling that way. She needs to get her s-&! Together
Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM

It's never wrong to end a toxic relationship.

raisingtimbo95
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Thats what my boyfriend says. It is my mama and I keep wanting to give her benefit of the doubt but enough is enough

Quoting amandajoy21:

Not all all sounds like she earned it. If she isn't doing what she needs to for you and your brother then you don't need her in your life.

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:47 PM

What does your brother want?  

FireMoonGypsy
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Not wrong at all. You need to do what's best for you and it's wonderful to hear you are looking out for your brother, too. I'm so sorry things are that bad with your mother. It sounds like distance is best. Good luck. 

cali_gurl
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Nope you are right on. My dh has an ex wife who has been in jail twice this year already since December. Our stepson is getting sick of his mom and is right to feel that way. Some people are so selfish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN