Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lets talk about them gays shall we?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

I don't understand how I became the person I am. I was raised in a family that thinks gay people are freaks, pedophiles, rapists and just wrong and sick.  I remember one of my aunts telling me a story years ago about finding out her friend was gay, she was totally freaked and thought the woman would force her to have sex with her and my aunt stopped being her friend.  I am glad that I grew up not thinking the way my family did.  I am 100% straight, I am not and never have been sexually attracted to any women. I do support marriage equality 100% I don't think anyone should have the right to tell consorting adults who they can and cannot marry.

I have alwasy had my own thoughts and been called funny which was a watered down way of saying strange. Sometimes it is like I was just dropped into this family I am so different from them all. In many more ways this this topic but I wont get into all that.

Do you have different views or beliefs from your family?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM
No. Me and my brothers were raised to respect people.
tattedmommy730
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I have very different beliefs than my bio family

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I am glad to hear that. I guess I could have grown up to think like them. SO many people do grow up to be like their family. So glad I didn't.  I teach my kids love not hate.

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: No. Me and my brothers were raised to respect people.

Texor
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Not from my parents, but from my grandparents, oh dear lord, yes.

ttriddick
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Most of my family is racist. WMy brother and I grew up hearing every racist joke, name, and judgment. My husband is black and I have cut contact with every racist member of my family. Out of a huge family, I'm in contact with the 4 who support our love and love all 3 of us. I've never ever understood the hate.
casah4
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I was raised in a very racist family. The n-word was used frequently and horrible jokes were made. I was even called a "wigger" by my family at times. There was also little tolerance for the homosexual lifestyle as well. Thankfully, I was able to think for myself and see that I didn't believe the things my family believed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM

my parents lacked the ability to have any kindness, they were terribly judgmental about us, their children, and absolutely everyone else. That lack of compassion made my brother and I very different, esp with our kids.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM
My family and I have similar beliefs, but they're a little more hard core than I am. Like I'm conservative, but not talk radio, Obama is the anti Christ, level of conservative that my parents are.
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:34 PM

We were raised to respect all people, but my parents had their own views on homosexuality.  (Not homosexuals.)

My brother is gay.  My dad had an issue with it.  He has passed away.  My mom's opinion is shifting.

2 of my good friends here are lesbians - the are a couple.  The come over all the time, and my mother loves them.  

Some people may hate on me for this.  I have NO ISSUE with gay people marrying.  Gay marriage was actually just made legal in my state, and my friends will be getting married and I'm happy for them.  However, I do not believe a church should be forced to marry them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:34 PM
My dad is racist and though I've never asked, I'm sure he's a bigot, too. My mom never expresses an opinion on either subject. I'm totally opposite. My best friend is a black, gay man who babysat my kids everyday when they were little. My dad probably would have had a heart attack if he'd known.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)