Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

starting to feel like I am missing out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
I have only ever been with DH. I am 22 years old and have been with him since just before I turned 19. I love him with all my heart, and could never imagine myself living without him. Well, lately I have been feeling like I have missed out on a lot of things. We were ttc when I got pregnant at 19. He is 5 years older and had his time to be young and care free. I have never gone out to the bar with my girl friends, or anyone for that matter. I have never had a chance to be care free. In high school I was always focused in doing the best I could to ensure I had a good future. As soon as I graduated high school, I enrolled in college. I met DH while in school, and we began ttc shortly before I graduated college. So the entirety of my "youth" was spent on school, and then having our son. Do not get me wrong, I love my son more than life itself and would not trade him for the world. In no way do I regret my choice to have him, nor would I change anything about it. However, I feel like I am missing something. I am not sure what it is, but I feel like something isn't right. Has anyone else ever felt this way? If you have, what did you do to fix it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

You're still young.. Grab your girlfriends and hit a bar or lounge. Treat yourself to a girls night out every so often.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM
You missed out on a lot, but if you are happy still that's good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Find some girlfriends. Go to a bar. Just because you're a mother doen't mean you have to stay locked in the house 24/7. Get out, have fun. You'll be a happier, more fulfilled and BETTER mother for it!

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM
This

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

You're still young.. Grab your girlfriends and hit a bar or lounge. Treat yourself to a girls night out every so often.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this
You did miss out, but that's the path you wanted to be on
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
& this is why waiting to conceive isn't a bad thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Maybe you are right. I always feel like I would be a bad mother to ask someone to watch my son so I can go out. Maybe it will help to have a night to myself.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

SoInLove515
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM
I feel like this sometimes . I am 26 and have been with my husband since I was 18. Sometimes I wish I experienced having my own apartment, and just being independent. And just going out for dinner and drinks with my girlfriends and staying out all night.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM

You did miss a lot. But, you can't go back in time, what's done is done. We all have regrets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I am happy. I love being a wife and mother. I work from home, so I have always been around my son. Sometimes I just feel like I am missing something. Like something isn't right. Maybe it is just that DH is working out of state and is gone for months at a time now. All I know is that I feel incredibly selfish and guilty for feeling this way, but I cannot seem to control it.

Quoting Anonymous: You missed out on a lot, but if you are happy still that's good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)