Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding gift question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

We are going to a wedding in less than a month. It's on of my best friends that I have known for more then 10 years. They have decided to throuw their wedding while we are visiting in California (we live in NY). It's a country style wedding ( not sure exactly what that means), but they have booked a venue that it's gonna be average $100 per guest. We are going with 2 kids. They are not doing a registry because they live in a very small house and don't have place for stuff. So I figured we'd give money. How much should we give them though?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Can you afford $250 ? give what you are comfortable giving.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
As much as you feel comfortable. I hate giving money, honestly. I feel like it says, "this is how much you're worth to me," instead of "this is what I can honestly afford" LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Quoting Anonymous: As much as you feel comfortable. I hate giving money, honestly. I feel like it says, "this is how much you're worth to me," instead of "this is what I can honestly afford" LOL

it's a touchy subject. I would love to give them a lot...lol but my husband signs the checks so I don't have much control over it. But also I don't think he has a clue how much he should be giving although we can afford it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM
At least $300.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM
$100 is is a good gift for a wedding. Just because someone chooses to spend a fortune on their wedding, doesn't mean you have to give more. As a guest, you really shouldn't know what it costs anyway.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM
It depends how close you are.. Etc etc..
Crashly
by Ashley on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Idk. That's a good question.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Quoting bluebunnybabe: $100 is is a good gift for a wedding. Just because someone chooses to spend a fortune on their wedding, doesn't mean you have to give more. As a guest, you really shouldn't know what it costs anyway.

we are very close and I asked :)

CMay2CK
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I give $100 if I'm giving money. A crispy new bill if I can get one. $100 is enough to not be "cheap" but not so much that I regret it.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:19 PM

What ever you can afford and feel want to give them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)