Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is my husband's fault, right?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM
  • 36 Replies
We have four cats. One of them is...how should I put this...not so smart. Her name is Cookies and she's dumber than a box of rocks. One of her favorite things to do is lick outlets. So we bought those electrical outlet covers so she doesn't shock herself. Her other favorite thing to do is chew on cords. So we charge everything on the table or counter or in our room, with the door shut.

But dh for some reason continues to charge his phone downstairs during the day when he's sleeping (he works nights). And Cookies chews on the cord and dh wakes up to it severed. And he keeps getting so mad at the cat.

I mean it's annoying, yeah. But she doesn't do it if it's on the counter. Just put your charger up there, for FFS.

We've tried to get her to stop-but nothing's really worked other than keeping them out of her reach. She's not a kitten and she hasn't always done it. It's just in the past few months she's developed this obsession. Before it was panties and the fridge.
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:40 PM
She chewed panties?
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
She stole them and would roll around on them. She's really fucking weird, you have no idea.

Quoting Bethsunshine: She chewed panties?
sweetpeasgirl12
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Yeah his fault!

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Sounds like she needs therapy!

Quoting spooky415: She stole them and would roll around on them. She's really fucking weird, you have no idea.

abuckalew
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Panties and fridge? Do tell!

And imo yes, dh knows how she is and should charge the phone on the counter. I do a lot to accommodate my fur babies too. So I agree with you.
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM
He was like "It's an inconvenience." Um. Our house is small. The itches is five feet away. He'll live.

Quoting sweetpeasgirl12:

Yeah his fault!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM
The visuals I just got lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Lol. Your cat sounds like a puppy.
abuckalew
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Panty stealing cat?! She is nuts!

Quoting spooky415: She stole them and would roll around on them. She's really fucking weird, you have no idea.

sarbear8508
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I don't blame the kitty entirely she doesn't know what she's doing but I understand your husbands frustation. Have you tried the motion activated air cans? I saw them on animal planet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)