Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Magic shell and strawberries

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Making a strawberry cake and I want to put choclate covered strawberries on top. Have you ever tried dipping strawberries in Magic Shell? Wondering if I did that and kept them in the fridge and just put them on the cake right before cutting it if that would work?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SleuthMaria
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Never tried it, Melting some chocolate chips & dipping the strawberries in it seems easier to me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Do you add any milk or anything to the chips when melting?

Quoting SleuthMaria: Never tried it, Melting some chocolate chips & dipping the strawberries in it seems easier to me

kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Melting chocolate will work better. Put them in a bowl and microwave them at 30 seconds intervals stirring in between.

You don't *have* to do this, but I usually add just a little vegetable shortening because the chocolate is smoother and keeps it shine with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:06 AM
I made them for a snack for my DD. It was pretty messy and didn't stay in the freezer long enough though. Here's a bump
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Melt some chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave or put a sauce pan on the stove top with water and put a glass bowl over the water to use the steam to melt the chips. Magic shell will only harden on frozen strawberries I think not just cold.

catngabsmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM
This!!! Magic Shell is a messy PITA and it doesn't always work well!!

Quoting kfroz0415: Melting chocolate will work better. Put them in a bowl and microwave them at 30 seconds intervals stirring in between.

You don't *have* to do this, but I usually add just a little vegetable shortening because the chocolate is smoother and keeps it shine with it.
SleuthMaria
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Nope, just heat in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each heating or in double boiler, stirring frequently

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SleuthMaria: Never tried it, Melting some chocolate chips & dipping the strawberries in it seems easier to me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Thanks!! 

Quoting SleuthMaria: Nope, just heat in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each heating or in double boiler, stirring frequently
Quoting Anonymous:

SleuthMaria
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:56 AM
You're welcome

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks!! 

Quoting SleuthMaria: Nope, just heat in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each heating or in double boiler, stirring frequently

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)