Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTH I have to get a full-time job now?! UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

My SO came home today and told me he quit his reliable, well paying job over a reason of moral principle. He wants to go back to school and get his bachelor's degree in a different filed because he isn't happy in the one he's currently in. So now he expects ME to go find a full-time job while he's off figuring out what the hell he wants to do. We have a 1 year old and a 7 year old that I was staying home for. I was looking forward to spending the summer hanging out at the beach with them. Summer just started and I'm barely tan and now I have to spend the rest of it indoors?! Ugh. 

Just kidding! Can you imagine living with someone so awful? My SO did quit his job today but I am 100% supportive of him finding a different career that he can be happier in. And while I am nervous about being away from our baby for so long I am excited to find a job and help out. I have been going to school and working in a restaurant on the side so I'm feeling pretty employable. Plus I can never seem to tan right anyways. I just end up burnt lol. This is the beginning of a new era in our family, wish me luck :)

I'm a little late with the update but I started a new job last week. I'm an assistant manager at an apartment  complex. I get to pick my own hours and it pays fairly decent. The kids are loving having him home and we were able to squeez in a week of camping before I started. So far things are going great! Thanks for all the support and for the neighsayers, thanks for the entertainment :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:29 AM
I never tan, just turn amazing shades of red.

Good luck on this new road your family is on :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Lol.
fitegirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Haha!!! Very funny.... I was reading at first and was like 'Wow what a b---' lol. Good luck in the next chapter in your life!!!
iwilliams76
by Irene on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:32 AM

good luck

georgiagurl8648
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Bleck... I wouldn't work,just because my kids need me more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting happymama0609: I never tan, just turn amazing shades of red. Good luck on this new road your family is on :)
Thank you! Everything will work out I'm sure :)
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Sweet! I hope you find a great job! I don't tan either. I turn red. Then back to translucent.
AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Exactly, screw that, DH would be finding another job because that's irresponsible to just quit. I worked and went to school so I would expect him to do the same.

Quoting georgiagurl8648: Bleck... I wouldn't work,just because my kids need me more.
cali_gurl
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Did you guys discuss all this before he quit his job? I hope so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)