Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter going camping with a group of boys? Not sitting well with me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 279 Replies
My daughter is 21. She just told me that for the Fourth of July weekend, her and one other girl are going camping with a group of 15 other boys that she's "friends" with at college- ie, two are her close friends but the rest are guys she parties with (don't get me started on that).

It's not sitting well with me at all, and I haven't even told her dad yet. I just feel like it gives the wrong idea and why would she even want to go to this. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I didn't go on overnight trips with big groups of random boys at her age, or ever. What do you think? Am I crazy? Would you say something to her?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:43 AM
29 moms liked this
I think she is 21 and there isn't much you can do about it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM
8 moms liked this

She's an adult. Butt out. 

ETA: if you do go down the crazy/helicopter/butts in where you have no business route, then don't expect to ever hear about her plans again.

ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM
17 moms liked this
I would be nervous too, but aside from just telling her to please be very careful, there isn't much you can do.
summerlove3677
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:45 AM
3 moms liked this
I think its fine. That's how it is now and she's a modern young woman. It won't hurt for you to get some pepper spray or mace but that's all you can do
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:45 AM
13 moms liked this

You could bring up some of your fears and concerns, opinions on personal safety and such...But at the end of the day, she's an adult and she's going to do what she wants.

If it's any consolation, I was a part of a sword-fighting group dominated by men and went on a trip with a group of about 20 guys as the only female...Nothing happened.

whirlwindoflife
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't think anything of it.

I used to go to my cabin with my SO and his brothers and friends all the time. Just me and all the guys.

And she is 21, get over it
nopenope666
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:45 AM
8 moms liked this
Um. She's 21. It's really none of your businesses or concern at this point. I thought for sure she would be an age where this wouldn't make you insane, almost forgot where I was.
Told your husband? What's he going to do? Fucking ground her? Lol
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:46 AM
She's 21 lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's fine. Sounds like a fun trip. She's 21 so it's not anything you can do.
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:47 AM
She is 21. Not your concern.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)