Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

babies left in cars?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM
  • 359 Replies
17 moms liked this

i just dont get how someone can leave their baby in the car. i have tried to convince myself that maybe sometimes it really is an accident. but this morning i saw an article about a toddler left in the car. how do you forget an almost 2 year old child? especially after having breakfast with him? my children always talked or sang or made lots of noise. there was no forgetting them in the car. what do yall think?

by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM
20 moms liked this
When you have a lot of things to remember your brain doesn't prioritize one thing over the other. Your keys or phone 'rank' the same as a kid. Of course when we aren't crazy busy or frantic we can consciously assign priority, but most of these accidents happen during a busy time or when routine is broken.
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
7 moms liked this
It usually happens when the parent does something out of the ordinary. Like they are not the usual one to take the child, or they made a few stops before dropping a sleeping child off somewhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM
30 moms liked this
I don't understand either. Having kids is a life changing event. I've been crazy busy many times and have never forgotten my children anywhere. I just don't understand how that can be done..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM
89 moms liked this

What a load of bull crap!!!!!! If you dont rank yourown kid higher than ur keys or cell phone you have no buisness being a parent. For gods sake you should rank your kids higher than your own freakin life! Too busy to femember not to kill your kid in the hot car sounds like the world has completly gone to shit.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009: When you have a lot of things to remember your brain doesn't prioritize one thing over the other. Your keys or phone 'rank' the same as a kid. Of course when we aren't crazy busy or frantic we can consciously assign priority, but most of these accidents happen during a busy time or when routine is broken.

ER-momma
by LintLicker on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:15 AM
6 moms liked this
Not buying it.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009: When you have a lot of things to remember your brain doesn't prioritize one thing over the other. Your keys or phone 'rank' the same as a kid. Of course when we aren't crazy busy or frantic we can consciously assign priority, but most of these accidents happen during a busy time or when routine is broken.
MrsDrewsMom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM
8 moms liked this
Call it bull crap if you want but that's how your brain works. Research it yourself

Quoting Anonymous:

What a load of bull crap!!!!!! If you dont rank yourown kid higher than ur keys or cell phone you have no buisness being a parent. For gods sake you should rank your kids higher than your own freakin life! Too busy to femember not to kill your kid in the hot car sounds like the world has completly gone to shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM
8 moms liked this

Which article? Was it a father and a 22 month old? He did it on purpose. If it was someone else, well shit. I think charges should be pressed on them.

I have a hectic schedule during my working school year. I've NEVER, EVER forgotten my kids in the car, EVER. No excuse for that one.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Look it up and read about it.

Quoting ER-momma: Not buying it.

MrsDrewsMom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:17 AM
5 moms liked this

i have misplaced my keys and my phone MANY times. i have never forgotten my child in the car. and i am very absent minded. i do understand a little about the routine being broken and they forget but i think the other parent should check up on the child to make sure they got to where they are supposed to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN