Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

THE BASIC RULES OF DIVORCE...add your own

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies
4 moms liked this
1. When you divorce, you no longer get the general benefits of being the guy's wife. Divorce = No more you + "wife."

2. After divorce, you are no longer this man's priority in life (if you ever were), even if your uterus would blind the rest of us with its shiny gold sheen. Sorry. He is not primarily obligated to you.

3. After divorce, you need to find someone else to mow your effin' lawn

4. . . . and fix your stopped up toilets, AND help you move. Nope, not part of the package anymore, toots.

5. You ex-husband is no longer your BFF; therefore, you cannot "use" him in this manner.

6. Just because you shared a breeding experience does not mean there is not a court order and you can do anything you want such as a) withhold visitation b) expect your ex to do all the driving at your convenience c) spring a bunch of surprises on him d) demand craploads more $$$ than what was legally agreed upon

7. The family unit as you knew it is no longer. Let me repeat: The family unit as you knew it is NO LONGER. Don't act so surprised!

8. The "new wife" that comes along is not joining your family unit that is no longer. Your ex-husband and this person are creating a new, likely improved, unit. And, in most cases, it does not include you.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Your SO still help his ex out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:45 PM
3 moms liked this
Jealous bro?
j3st3r
by Jedi on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I could have written this, only to my ex husband.  However, I know that there are no rules in divorce.  Just people trying to work out a really hard situation.

All's fair in love and war.....   and especially divorce, as it contains a painful mix of both.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
You sound jealous lol
momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Fantastic!!!  I love this!

bookwormx4
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao yeah my ex would break it off with any woman who tried to dictate his relationship with me or his ex wife.
smalltownteddy
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Every situation is different. My parents, for example, can't be in the same county without someone filing a motion. DH's parents, though they divorced at the same time mine did, go to every family event together,
almost always get along, and are BFF's. They just can't live together lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:58 PM
no. but she calls. and calls and calls to get him to do things ugh

Quoting Anonymous: Your SO still help his ex out?
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Your ex is not there to satisfy your sexual urges. Even if you are both single, the other does not owe you sex.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:25 PM
9 moms liked this
You sound jealous as hell. And guess what - as the new wife you don't get to make those rules - those rules are made solely between the two former spouses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)