Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not a babysitter!?! Ugh... BM/SM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

Do you take your kids on errands or appointments with you? I take my kids and step kids everywhere if DH is not available to help. Which is most of the time. Or had to reschedule. 

Mom has them for an extended visit and drops them off if she has anything to do. Yes she asks first, but if we don't she will leave them with someone else or alone if she can't find help. Being that she had to go 2 hrs away, I and DH wouldn't risk it. Besides he loves having the kids here so would love a little visit!

My point I guess, is why do I and DH make it my/our responsibility when we have the kids, but she relies on everyone else.  What's your point of view? Maybe I'm wrong. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:00 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:41 PM

BUMP!

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:42 PM
How old
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Quoting mommieof38829: How old

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I mean they are old enough to sit down and behave or stand with you in line wherever you are going. Not old enough to leave behind. But why not take them with you?

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Who is to know why you and dh do what you do besides you two.  IF this isnt what you want then stop doing it!  As far as BM goes everyone parents different you can change it. 

No I do not take my kids or stepkids everywhere with me, actually id rather go alone if i can.  Ive been told im the NO parent and DH is the Yes parent.   But my skids and our youngest dd are with us fulltime and my 3 bios with my ex 50/50  EOW. 

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:48 PM
I take my two year old everywhere and tbh I wish sometimes I didn't have to. But he won't stay with anyone so he goes with me. We always make a fun time out of wherever we go
venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Ive left my 9 year old home alone with the younger kids to run to the store real quick.  Its no big deal they had a phone and the neighbor if anything.  and im only gone for an hour, if its when dh is at work, or when i have to go pick him up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean they are old enough to sit down and behave or stand with you in line wherever you are going. Not old enough to leave behind. But why not take them with you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Say no and then call cps when she leaves the kids alone. That will teach her to stop being such a crappy mother.
mommyoflittles
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:52 PM

I dont take my kids to my dentist visit or gyn apt if my thing is being checked. Others i tough it out. They are 1 and 4 and not very good wIting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)