Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just because you hate animals doesn't mean I do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this
My mil hates animals, not kidding, last night I found my cat dead under a bush, he was old but I didn't want him to go yet. So all day today iv been crying on and off and I really don't feel like making elaborate meals, so I gave the kids cereal for breakfast and I'm making grilled cheese and tater tots for lunch....my mil is here today and she is being her usual self and says I should just get over my 13 year old cat dying and suck it up....no just no....that cat was my child even though I got him when I was 8, it felt like my child died last night. I'm not going to stand over the stove for an hour and cook something when I don't want to today......I pissed her off by saying that also btw, oh well cruella.

Just needed to vent sorry
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

AWW I am sorry for your loss. Even if you hadn't lost your cat, it is none of her business what you cook.

Elizabeth1131
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Fuck that dumb cunt!!! Just because she has the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean you have to....Id tell her to get the hell outta my house if she couldnt respect my feelings.

You have my deepest sympathies....losing a good friend/family member is hard. I hope you feel better soon :)
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:57 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, ignore your MIL.
kmeow
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:59 PM

That's awful. I'm so sorry! I've got an old kitty and I would be devastated if anything every happened to her. She's lucky you don't smack her..

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

The cat is not a child. And comparing the loss of a cat to the loss of a child is insensitive to moms who have suffered the loss of a child. FFS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM
I have lost a child and it feels the same to me

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

The cat is not a child. And comparing the loss of a cat to the loss of a child is insensitive to moms who have suffered the loss of a child. FFS.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Then you are a complete wacko.

Quoting Anonymous: I have lost a child and it feels the same to me
Quoting MrsDavidB25:

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:01 PM
It is to her, and she shouldn't have to change how she feels

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:02 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Fuck your MIL.
nopenope666
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:03 PM
That sucks:( I cried for months when my pup died...sorry for your loss.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)