Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have to have a hysterectomy

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:51 PM
  • 95 Replies

After my last c-section, apparently my uterus and bladder fused together, causing severe pain. Thankfully, I don't want anymore children so this is not upsetting other than the surgery itself and recovery is not something I look forward to.

Any of you ladies have a hysterectomy, and do you have any side effects of it that you would like to warn me about? One thing I will enjoy is NO MORE PERIODS!

by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackieGirl007
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Annellyse
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I had one about a year and a half ago.  I had a total hysterectomy, but kept my ovaries.  No side effects and it was probably one of the best decisions of my life.  For me, I was sore for a week, but my sisters came down and had me laughing so hard and while laughing hurt like hell, it really helped to loosen me up.  Within a week and a half, I wasn't experiencing pain anymore and felt ready to walk the half mile to my kids' school, though the doctor wouldn't release me.

I had mine done abdominally, cut from bikini line to belly button.

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:59 PM
I need one too. Good luck!!
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Expect "phantom pain" from you missing uterus....weirdest thing. It happens to some and some it does not. I still have "cramps" on occasion but they aren't bad.  They took my cervix, made a pouch like thing where it was, my uterus and one ovary. Mine was done by robot surgery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Following bc im having one soon. Good luck.
JackieGirl007
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I'm keeping my ovaries too, lol.

Sounds so weird. I'm so happy to hear that you revocered quickly! I am getting cut open abdominally too. So do you still get moody around when you would have had a period or anything?

Quoting Annellyse:

I had one about a year and a half ago.  I had a total hysterectomy, but kept my ovaries.  No side effects and it was probably one of the best decisions of my life.  For me, I was sore for a week, but my sisters came down and had me laughing so hard and while laughing hurt like hell, it really helped to loosen me up.  Within a week and a half, I wasn't experiencing pain anymore and felt ready to walk the half mile to my kids' school, though the doctor wouldn't release me.

I had mine done abdominally, cut from bikini line to belly button.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:05 PM

hystersisters is a good website too.  

Also if you do get phantom pain it isn't too bad and can be controlled and for the most part after the first 6 weeks is gone

I so love not having a period. The robot thing was called the da vinci

uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:06 PM
No idea. Sending love!
beeky
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I had one 13 years ago and have never had an issue.

JackieGirl007
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Thank you so much!

Quoting uhhnogirl: No idea. Sending love!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN