Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should adoptive parents get a say...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 633 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am 30wks 6dys pregnant with my second child, which I am planning on giving up for adoption. I found this couple, they were lovely at first and seemed perfect. It never occured to me to ask them their views on birth/delivery so I never brought it up.

Well apparently they want me to try to have a natural birth... which is not something I think I can do. I told them I would think about it, which was about a month ago, and now they are pushing to know my answer. I feel like I am being pushed into something I don't want. I was told by my SIL that they should have a say in how I give birth.

What do you guys think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
b1the1change
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:48 PM
5 moms liked this
Edit. She asked for opinions and I gave mine. I don't really care what people think of it. I know if it were me, it is what I would do. Logically it seems right. So if you all could please stop harassing me, I'm done responding to comments.

Yes they should. They don't want drugs in their baby. It's relevant to them. Some people believe it causes issues like autism or maybe it's a personal or religious thing
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:48 PM
57 moms liked this

It is and should be 100% up to you.

Stand strong and don't back down. Tell them and don't beat around the bush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:48 PM
14 moms liked this
No. I don't think they should have a say until the papers are signed saying the kid is now theirs
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
No.
they want a baby they get it how they get it
bookwormx4
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly no, at that point it affect you more and you should definitely have more say.
elfling811
by Niki on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM
5 moms liked this
I think you should have the kind of delivery that you want to have. They can take over once the child is born.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM
3 moms liked this

No. It is 100% YOUR choice. Some people.

girlywifey
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:50 PM
No it is your decision.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting b1the1change: Yes they should. They don't want drugs in their baby. It's relevant to them. Some people believe it causes issues like autism or maybe it's a personal or religious thing

So you believe they have the right to make decisions for OPs body?

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:50 PM
9 moms liked this
When our son was being born I didn't comment on anything as far as his birth it was an honor being allowed to see his birth which ended up being c-section but still I cut the cord

It really all just depends on how YOU feel
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)