Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crossing the border.. What it's really like.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM
  • 140 Replies
1 mom liked this
For all of you think that the crossing the border is easy as pie, let me tell you how it really is for most that do.

First you have to spend thousands of dollars for someone to bring you over "safely" but there is no guarantee of making it over. If you cross through the desert, you go days with no water, food or anything. A lot of times, families and the groups get seperated because people become ill, or weak and fall behind. The ones that become lost in the desert are the ones that go out to look for border patrol. They want to be found, and taken to safety. The ones that cross the Rio Grande, some don't even know how to swim, but they risk it anyway. A lot drown, and when they are found by border patrol they tie a rope to them and drag the body behind the boat until Mexico gets them. Woman are raped, people are held hostage, families are torn apart. There is nothing easy about coming to the "Land of opportunity"

Most of the immigrants come from Central America, NOT Mexico like a lot of you seem to believe. These immigrants risk so much to find a better life, not all, but a lot. I agree that not everyone should be able to be here. I think there should be more control at the border. There are so many hard working families that truly should be given an opportunity to be here. There should be an easier way to gain naturalization for those who deserve it. And for those who do not, well they should be sent back to where ever they came from.

People that think everyone is eligible to be here legal you are WRONG. At least in Mexico, you have to have a bank account, properties, money and so much more to be considered a visa. It's not a guarantee. Unless you have money or connections it's hard to get a visa. It's easier for young students, and business men and woman to come here on a visa.
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Not here. They just say they are going to their kids Pop Warner football game on Saturdays. Or shopping at Ross. That goes on all the time. They love Ross.

Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Lol, I love Ross too :)

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Not here. They just say they are going to their kids Pop Warner football game on Saturdays. Or shopping at Ross. That goes on all the time. They love Ross.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:11 AM
4 moms liked this

If it's so hard then stay the fuck in your own country!  Easy peasy!  Still no sympathy for them!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

They bus all the womeni n here on Tuesdays. Don't even think about going to Ross on Tuesdays!

Quoting Glitter_Shart: Lol, I love Ross too :)
Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not asking for sympathy for them, it's just to give you a little insight on how it really is. Just think if you lived in a country like theirs. I would hope as a parent you would want to give your family the best chance at life. No matter what it took.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it's so hard then stay the fuck in your own country!  Easy peasy!  Still no sympathy for them!

Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Are you in Texas?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

They bus all the womeni n here on Tuesdays. Don't even think about going to Ross on Tuesdays!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:15 AM

No. AZ

Quoting Glitter_Shart: Are you in Texas?
Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I heard AZ is trying to put a ban on speaking spanish in schools. Is that true?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

No. AZ

Quoting Glitter_Shart: Are you in Texas?
Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this

Quoting Glitter_Shart: For all of you think that the crossing the border is easy as pie, let me tell you how it really is for most that do.

First you have to spend thousands of dollars for someone to bring you over "safely" but there is no guarantee of making it over. If you cross through the desert, you go days with no water, food or anything. A lot of times, families and the groups get seperated because people become ill, or weak and fall behind. The ones that become lost in the desert are the ones that go out to look for border patrol. They want to be found, and taken to safety. The ones that cross the Rio Grande, some don't even know how to swim, but they risk it anyway. A lot drown, and when they are found by border patrol they tie a rope to them and drag the body behind the boat until Mexico gets them. Woman are raped, people are held hostage, families are torn apart. There is nothing easy about coming to the "Land of opportunity"

Most of the immigrants come from Central America, NOT Mexico like a lot of you seem to believe. These immigrants risk so much to find a better life, not all, but a lot. I agree that not everyone should be able to be here. I think there should be more control at the border. There are so many hard working families that truly should be given an opportunity to be here. There should be an easier way to gain naturalization for those who deserve it. And for those who do not, well they should be sent back to where ever they came from.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:20 AM
I'm here legally (dual citizenship) even though I am more partial to Mexico. My husbands are here legally (work visas) as well. I'm still torn on why so many people risk illegal crossing and what comes with it. I dont understand why most days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)