Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To Mothers who work hard....*ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
1 mom liked this

STOP sending your kids to school sick !

When it comes to vaccines, you want everyone vaccinated despite the risks because you think it is for the
"Common Good"

Then take one for the team would ya, and sacrifice your vacation time when your own kids are sick so they're not sneezing all over mine!

*ETA* There you have it, folks.

Moms wrote in, they send their kids to school when they're sick. Many illnesses start with fatigue and sinus-type symptoms, and some Moms can't bother to use up their sick time for it. You can't avoid illnesses altogther OBVIOUSLY and some illnesses are contagious before you see symptoms. However, they are knowingly sending them sick - you know, I've seen it -

NOW they're blaming unvaccinated kids for it all, who are generally more healthy.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I send my kids to school if they are just sneezing from a common cold. lol

Fever, vomiting, diarrahea, or a head cold soooo bad they cannot breath, then yes, they stay home. As a teacher I have had kids sent to school with a note "My child has diarrhea, or my child had a fever this morning." Um yeah, they get sent immediately to the nurse and SENT HOME.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

"Just sneezing from a common cold" ?

Did you know what the common cold does to some kids who have asthma?

Did you know that the common cold can turn into lots of things, like pnuemonia, bronchitis, ear infection for other people?

How selfish of you.

What about your kids not feeling well?  Maybe you force yourself to go to work with a sniffling nose, but kids need rest and you shouldn't even belittle the "common cold" as if it's not uncomfortable.

Besides, the only real cure for the common cold is rest.  You send a kid to school with that, you're running him down.

And you're a teacher...figures.

Quoting Anonymous:

Fever, vomiting, diarrahea, or a head cold soooo bad they cannot breath, then yes, they stay home. As a teacher I have had kids sent to school with a note "My child has diarrhea, or my child had a fever this morning." Um yeah, they get sent immediately to the nurse and SENT HOME.

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:01 AM

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:02 AM
No.

If there's no fever, diarrhea or vomiting, off to school it is.
Heisenberg
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm a SAHM. If my kid has a cold they go to school. If they are coughing a lot or have a fever or something they stay home. They can't miss a week of school every time they get a runny nose.

mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

So because you don't vaccinate you think that every time a child has the sniffles the parents should keep their children home? Entitled much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you know how COMMON a common cold is? If I kept my kids home every time they got the sniffles from October to May, they'd miss a SHIT TON of school. lol I don't think so. You don't need rest for a few sneezes.

I think my DD has had one ear infection in her 8 years, and that's about it. I have really healthy kids with strong immunities, because I DON'T keep them in for every sneeze. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you know that the common cold can turn into lots of things, like pnuemonia, bronchitis, ear infection for other people?

How selfish of you.

What about your kids not feeling well?  Maybe you force yourself to go to work with a sniffling nose, but kids need rest and you shouldn't even belittle the "common cold" as if it's not uncomfortable.

Besides, the only real cure for the common cold is rest.  You send a kid to school with that, you're running him down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Kids can't miss school every time they have a runny nose. Sorry.

Fever, vomiting, diarrhea are grounds for staying home.

How about you take one for the team and put your kid in a bubble. Much appreciated, thanks!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Shit, if I stayed home every time I sneezed, I would need public assistance.

Quoting Anonymous:

How selfish of you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN