Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a little curious....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I don't really care about the whole non-vax vs vax argument... I'm just curious about something I've seen where people have used the religion waivers to get their child/children in school and it not be part of their religion, they just say it is, and fill out the waiver...  How are they able to do that??? does the school board just accept it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ejkdmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:54 AM

The forms vary but pretty much.  They have to sign a form saying that it is against their religion and that is that.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Ohhhh, okay, I was sitting here scratching my head at the thought. I would think they would have to provide proof, like the minister provide a letter or something....

My DH's work let's a guy off every Sunday for church, but he had to fill out a pamphlet and get his preacher to talk to HR and a few other things. So I thought they had to go in front of the school board with their minister or at least send in a signed letter

Quoting ejkdmom:

The forms vary but pretty much.  They have to sign a form saying that it is against their religion and that is that.  

pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Certain states allow it.  Freedom of religion.

the_dude
by abides on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:03 AM
They kinda have to.

They can't discriminate due to religion. Basic freedoms, dude...
the_dude
by abides on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM
The government can't rightly as a democracy force parents to vaccinate their kids either...

So this puts us in our free country with our heads up our asses yelling at each other praying that one will hear the other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:14 AM

I'm saying I know parents that SAY it's against their religion to vaccinate when it's not....  their lying on the paper when they sign it...I know these people, they tell everyone to just request the form and sign it, no questions asked.... I was wondering HOW they do it, I didn't know you didn't have to provide a letter or something saying it's against your religion

Quoting the_dude: They kinda have to. They can't discriminate due to religion. Basic freedoms, dude...

228mommy922
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:17 AM
A lot of states have moral or independent waivers as well.
the_dude
by abides on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Yet another way to work the system... go ahead accuse them of lying... see what happens.

Do you have any idea how many religions there are? Many have issues with chemicals introduced into the body. You're talking about creating another mountain of paperwork.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm saying I know parents that SAY it's against their religion to vaccinate when it's not....  their lying on the paper when they sign it...I know these people, they tell everyone to just request the form and sign it, no questions asked.... I was wondering HOW they do it, I didn't know you didn't have to provide a letter or something saying it's against your religion

Quoting the_dude: They kinda have to.

They can't discriminate due to religion. Basic freedoms, dude...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Quoting the_dude: Yet another way to work the system... go ahead accuse them of lying... see what happens. Do you have any idea how many religions there are? Many have issues with chemicals introduced into the body. You're talking about creating another mountain of paperwork.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting the_dude: They kinda have to. They can't discriminate due to religion. Basic freedoms, dude...

You are one of those people that have to have the last word... or you are just not reading what I type....

ejkdmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:52 AM

A private business has different rules.  To get out of vaccinating, all you have to do is fill out the form.  I know parents who have lied and said it was religious when they just didn't vaccinate because of whatever reason.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ohhhh, okay, I was sitting here scratching my head at the thought. I would think they would have to provide proof, like the minister provide a letter or something....

My DH's work let's a guy off every Sunday for church, but he had to fill out a pamphlet and get his preacher to talk to HR and a few other things. So I thought they had to go in front of the school board with their minister or at least send in a signed letter

Quoting ejkdmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN