Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

need some advice.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My daughter is 8 and her cousin is 8. My niece came to stay the night tonight and the night was going fine. Well at 12:30 am, she came into the living room and told me she wanted to go home. I told her nobody was up at her house. Then she starts crying. So I call her mom to tell her she wants to come home. She tells me she will come get her. My sister only lives 5 minutes away from us and its not that far of a drive, but really at 12:30 in the morning she wanna go home all because her and my daughter had a disagreement. They were in the bedroom watching a movie and everything was fine. Mind you this is not the first time she has done this but around the 5th time. Would you feel sorry for her or tell her to suck it up and wait for morning?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:50 AM
I would tell her to suck it up.
nopenope666
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:51 AM
I would stop letting her come over to spend the night.
BellaAngel8707
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Tell her to get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quoting Glitter_Shart: I would tell her to suck it up.
well everytime she comes over to "stay" the night its the same thing. They played xbox. I let her pick the game over my daughter. I try and be fair to both of them. But its just bs that her mom will just come and get her all because she didn't get her way. My daughter will stay at her house and never wants to come home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:54 AM
Quoting nopenope666: I would stop letting her come over to spend the night.
Itold my daughter to not ask anymore if she can come over and stay the night. Its just aggrevating for everybody.
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have her stay over for a couple more years, she isn't mature enough. If she was my kid I would have told her she had to stay all night this time, that I wouldn't be coming to get her, and then let her decide if she wanted to go or not.

R00k
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:55 AM
I would shelf the "going home" option until they sit down and talk about it.

Conflict resolutions with mediation. This happens way too often, teach them how to deal with it.. They aren't learning it on their own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:55 AM
This

Quoting nopenope666: I would stop letting her come over to spend the night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:56 AM
I told her when she asked if she could stay that nobody was going to come get her at night. She said she wouldnt want to go home.

Quoting R00k: I would shelf the "going home" option until they sit down and talk about it.

Conflict resolutions with mediation. This happens way too often, teach them how to deal with it.. They aren't learning it on their own.
Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Then just say she can't spend the night anymore. And tell her why. Maybe that will wake her up a little bit

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Glitter_Shart: I would tell her to suck it up.
well everytime she comes over to "stay" the night its the same thing. They played xbox. I let her pick the game over my daughter. I try and be fair to both of them. But its just bs that her mom will just come and get her all because she didn't get her way. My daughter will stay at her house and never wants to come home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)