Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

just found out our rent is 3 months.behind!! help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
So we have taken a hard financial hit in the last 6 months. The plant my SO and I both worked at totally shut down. We have each found part time work his job paying 11 an hour mine 7.25. We agreed I would pay all bills EXCEPT rent. Thats all utlities, household items, phone bills, childrens needs (pampers, wipes, etc) and groceries. He would handle rent. (500) i work days and not weekends, he works nights/weekends so that eliminates child care costs.

I took yesterday off due to a doctor appointment and when I came home there was a notice taped to the door. It was a notice stating if the past due amount and julys rent were not paid on 7/1 they would be filing eviction with the courts. Of course I freaked. He admitted he hasn't been paying the rent and when notices were placed on the door he was tearing them up and throwing them away. I haven't known because I get home after this happens and of course the office is closed weekends.

Now I have no idea what to do. I only have 300 in the bank and they refused to accept it saying it had to be the full amount. I asked wtf he is spending his money on and he basically danced around the question never really answering it.

I have been applying for a 2nd job for a long time now, not so much as a call back. Im at a loss and terrified my kids will be homeless. Advice??
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Drop the s/o and prep for an eviction. :-/ Do you have family/friends that you could possibly stay with while you apply for any kind of assistance?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:47 AM
He is a scumbag!! What a lowlife peace of shit!!!! I would tear his ass limb from limb
lacyleanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:48 AM
Wow I'm so sorry. There is no excuse for what your dh did, that's terrible. Start selling stuff. Go to local churches and see if they will donate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:48 AM
What was he spending money on?

ETA: Sorry. Must have missed this in the post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WickedOpal
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Call 211 and see what they can do to help.  Other than that, well, IDK.  Kick out your POS SO?  He obviously has a drug or gambling problem.  I mean, what ELSE is he using his money for?  He would only need to work about 55-60 hours/month at that rate to pay the rent.  WTF?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:50 AM
I personally dont (all family is across the country) bu HE does. This is so embarrassing.

Quoting JenB1983: Drop the s/o and prep for an eviction. :-/ Do you have family/friends that you could possibly stay with while you apply for any kind of assistance?
PogoPalOj
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Have you heard of 'instant gratification.  It's as bad as drinking.  Spend money, feel good.  It's a co dependency thing.  You might research it and talk to your husband.  I only say this because I used to do the same thing.  Stress just makes it worse.  Is one of your vehicles paid off?  You might be able to get a loan.  Can you borrow money from your family?  The eviction process takes a little time.  Maybe you can come up with something in the mean time. Praying for you.

Jennifer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:51 AM
One church offered to pay one month but the rest have to bring it before a review board which takes at least 2 weeks

Quoting lacyleanne: Wow I'm so sorry. There is no excuse for what your dh did, that's terrible. Start selling stuff. Go to local churches and see if they will donate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:52 AM
One church offered to pay one month but the rest have to bring it before a review board which takes at least 2 weeks

Quoting lacyleanne: Wow I'm so sorry. There is no excuse for what your dh did, that's terrible. Start selling stuff. Go to local churches and see if they will donate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:52 AM
Are you getting unemployment? You might still qualify if you are underemployed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)