Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/o ..why are sweats or yoga pants considered the WORST thing to wear?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 460 Replies
Whenever there is a conversation about bad mom clothes, sweats are always the stand out.

I don't agree and they are a staple in my wardrobe.
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM
12 moms liked this

Because they look sloppy.  You look like you didn't care how you looked before you left the house - a self respect issue to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

If you wear sweats outside of the house, it gives the impression that you don't care about your appearance.  Now yoga pants tend to show off your figure, though they give an impression that you couldn't be bothered to dress in good clothes, probably because you don't care.  And I haven't worn yoga pants in public since I found out about that website. *shudder*

Edit because I keep getting asked what site.  I think it's called girlsinyogapants.com.    When I heard about it and looked at the site, it appeared to be lots of candid photos of girls wearing very form-fitting yoga pants.  Crotch and butt shots.

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:34 AM
15 moms liked this
I think I'm missing or not understanding how it's a lack of respect.
I'm in the grocery, comfortable.
Thanks for answering.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Because they look sloppy.  You look like you didn't care how you looked before you left the house - a self respect issue to me.

ER-momma
by LintLicker on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:44 AM
64 moms liked this
I don't hesitate to throw sweats on if I'm running to the store or something. Especially in the winter especially if I'm on my cycle. I also wear mens basketball shorts underneath.

I don't care if people think I'm sloppy. I'm a comfy tomboy -kiss my ass
69liliem10
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM
40 moms liked this

Hey man, after a night or day in scrubs, and PPE, I just want to be comfy. 

If you don't like it when I wear sweats out, mofo, don't look.

NinaB131415
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM
18 moms liked this
lol, I love yoga pants. I hate chasing the kids in jeans. I don't like to wear shorts either. So unless I'm working 75% of the time I'm in stretch pants. Who do I have to impress? No one.
ER-momma
by LintLicker on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM
9 moms liked this
Ex -fucking -actly

Quoting 69liliem10:

Hey man, after a night or day in scrubs, and PPE, I just want to be comfy. 

If you don't like it when I wear sweats out, mofo, don't look.

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont find tight yoga pants to be comfy so I dont wear them but I will wear some nice clean sweats out sometimes in the winter if we are just going to walmart or sometimes if we are going to a movie. They are black and well made and dont look that different from a distance than my black dress pants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM
25 moms liked this

Because if you're not in a sundress with a smile on those cheeks 24/7 like barbie....you're a disgrace to the whole world as a mom. And thats a fact~

photo summerbabies_zps1e9f58e9.jpg
Josie_P
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM
9 moms liked this
It just looks really unkempt to me. Having lived in Russia, I guess I have a Russian/Eastern European mentality. Women always take the time to get dressed properly before going outside. Some women do overdo it lol but I know lots of foreigners, especially Americans who come here and are completely in shock because women actually get dolled up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN