Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gun owners.... Home alone

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM
  • 21 Replies
Do you ever get scared when you're home alone with or without the kids and have your gun out just in case? Or get a bad feeling and have it in close distance?

Tonight is a bad night for me. My dog, who never barks, started barking with passion earlier. I don't know of its instinct or training, but whenever that happens or when I'm on high alert, I always grab my 9 and also in a clip. It always on safe and never chambered, but I feel safer knowing its ready.

I've got a sick intuition about things. I've learned to never ignore my gut and so I don't.

by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Soooo! Made gold with this thread!
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Scared? No. Alert? Yes. And yes, that intuition has saved my life with attempted armed robbery.
chey-leigh
by Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:57 AM

I totally know that feeling, that sleep with your gun on your bedside table and your light on feeling. I remember many nights home alone hearing a noise and walking into the living room with my shotgun, too, just threatening anyone who might be in there (and it was usually just the wind, but if it was a robber they woulda really regretted choosing my house!!)

Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Usually not.

PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:59 AM
Glad you're ok.

Quoting Medic32: Scared? No. Alert? Yes. And yes, that intuition has saved my life with attempted armed robbery.
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jun. 28, 2014 at 3:00 AM
I am thanks to my gun! :).

He picked the wrong house to fuck with.

Quoting PollyPockette: Glad you're ok.
Quoting Medic32: Scared? No. Alert? Yes. And yes, that intuition has saved my life with attempted armed robbery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Scared, no. More alert, yes. I have my gun loaded sitting on a shelf in my closet at all times. One on the fridge as well.
PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 3:02 AM
That's what i always say.

One time I awoketo the sound of something rustling in the woods by my house at like 3 am. In a half asleep, half scared shitless stupor I grabbed my 9 and ran outside, completely naked mind you and hollered "im an expert shot by military standards! Take a step, asshole!".....it was my dog. I was so relieved ans embarassed lol. A different dog btw,who got cancer and died.

Quoting chey-leigh:

I totally know that feeling, that sleep with your gun on your bedside table and your light on feeling. I remember many nights home alone hearing a noise and walking into the living room with my shotgun, too, just threatening anyone who might be in there (and it was usually just the wind, but if it was a robber they woulda really regretted choosing my house!!)

PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 3:02 AM
I'm not saying it happens often...

But I has happened a few times

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Usually not.

PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 3:04 AM
I don't like to have them out like that. We have a shitty downstairs and 2 pistols up. We also have conveniently placed items like hairspray, lights, hammers, bats, frying pans, ect throughout the house for diversion tactics if we need to run.

Quoting Anonymous: Scared, no. More alert, yes. I have my gun loaded sitting on a shelf in my closet at all times. One on the fridge as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)