Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I accidentally slept with my friends husband.....do I tell her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 588 Replies
3 moms liked this

So I accidentally slept with my friends husband.....do I tell her?

Long story short I just moved to the same town my mom lives to help her with health issues and for a better job opportunity.

My son and I have spent a few summers here in the past.

Well 2 years ago we were here but my ds went to summer camp. I had a little fun and went to some bars. I hit it off with this one guy and after dating for a few weeks we slept together. I for embarrassed and never called him back

Well now I moved here for good. I met my friend and we have become pretty close. She is an awesome person and our personalities just click. We have so much fun and I enjoy spending time with her. Well she had me over for dinner and I met her husband and it turned out to be the guy I slept with. I didn't even know what to do. I got sick to my stomach and ran to the bathroom and puked. I uses it as an excuse to go home

Well I haven't talked to her since. She is testing me and calling me to see if I am okay and if it was something she did

I don't even know what to do. I thought we were going to be great friends but now I don't know if it is easier to stop being friends now and avoid it. Tell her and see what happens. Or just never bring it up.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
partygal19dani
by Danielle on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:12 AM
22 moms liked this
Don't bring it up and lose that friendship!! Keep your distance from her dh though.
jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:18 AM
16 moms liked this

Were they married or dating back then?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh I want nothing to do with him. Not only is he clearly a scumbag but I now have a great and amazing bf

Quoting partygal19dani: Don't bring it up and lose that friendship!! Keep your distance from her dh though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:19 AM
Yes

Quoting jglasser7682:

Were they married or dating back then?

BGarcel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:24 AM
123 moms liked this

If they were married or dating then you do have to tell her. She does deserve to know because if he did it with you, he might have done it someone else too and she does not deserve that. What happens to your friendship has to take second place here. You can't be selfish in delivering this news.

amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:26 AM
7 moms liked this

If it is going to continue to be awkward to be around her/them then she is going to figure it out. Would you rather your friend told you something hurtful or hide it from you until you figured it out. If she is really her friend you owe it to her to be honest it isn't your fault that her husband cheated on her. You didn't even know she existed and she will realize that you meet him before you met her and she may be angry, but it is up to her to forgive you and him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:27 AM
9 moms liked this
I would have said, "hey! I know you!" But I have no filter and tend to regret some shit I say but she should know if he was having an affair. It'll probably ruin your friendship unfortunately.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:27 AM
13 moms liked this
This. Plus, if you don't say anything and she still finds out, it's just going to make you look like the bad guy.

Quoting BGarcel:

If they were married or dating then you do have to tell her. She does deserve to know because if he did it with you, he might have done it someone else too and she does not deserve that. What happens to your friendship has to take second place here. You can't be selfish in delivering this news.

jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:27 AM
43 moms liked this

Oh wow, idk! Maybe send her a letter or text and be honest with her that her husband is a cheating bastard. Explain what happened and tell her that you would completely understand if she didn't want to be friends with you anymore but tell her you honestly had no idea that he was married and now that you know that it was him who you slept with, you had to let her know.

Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:40 AM
7 moms liked this
I'm sorry that's a tough one. That sucks you have to deal with this problem but I think it's best to tell her now because if not and she finds out later she will be even more hurt that you never told her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)