Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does your child have a friend that...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 286 Replies
....you just cant get rid of?

Mine does, and its starting to feel like i have another child. We'll invite him over to swim, and then he never leaves.

Or I'll get into a situation like i did this weekend, and then not be able to get out of it.

Exp: friday night my son went to a friends house around 8:30 for some night swimming. Around 10:30 i called my son to ask when he needed a ride home, he says no he got a ride home hed be here by 11:15. Great! No....at11:30 i finally get a call from the dad o the kid who never leaves( he must have also been night swimming) and he says...its late why dont i just keep your son and you can grab him tomorrow.

Fine right? No...this morning i text the dad "on my way to get him", the dad immediately calls and says theboys wanted to go to my younger sons baseball game. Great so i grab the boys and a few hours later while im on the baseball field i get a call from the dad " a friend called to go have drinks and i wanted to see if my son could stay a little later with you......which has now turned nto overnight .

And we have to be back on the baseball field at 11....so he'll pribably just come with us. But then he really needs to just go home!!! And i thinks its pretty clear that him being here tonight was the plan all along..i just wasnt let in on it.

Dont get me wrong, this kid is great, but i dont need another kid!!

Oh and btw, theyre 10.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:22 PM
B
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:25 PM

She has never had a sleepover yet so no we do not have an extra child unless adult step son comes over and never leaves.  He did that during a winter storm which ticked me off since we were low on food.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:25 PM
One of my sons had tons of those friends. When he went away for school on his 16th birthday, three still stayed. Lol.
tisha826
by Tisha on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Yes the neighbor girl comes to play with my son everyday, she's a brat and I send her home often! Lol
Yum_Cupcakes
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this

So your son had an unexpected sleepover at a friend's house then the friend stayed over at your house and now you're complaining?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Ugh. I have a neighbor that does this. The dad has her every other week and he lives down the street. He should pay me child support as much as she is here. She is 8 but so annoying! I feel like I get annoyed a lot lately because I feel so taken advantage of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Ummm.....yes.....

Quoting Yum_Cupcakes:

So your son had an unexpected sleepover at a friend's house then the friend stayed over at your house and now you're complaining?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Lok, i should ask him for child support.

Quoting Anonymous: Ugh. I have a neighbor that does this. The dad has her every other week and he lives down the street. He should pay me child support as much as she is here. She is 8 but so annoying! I feel like I get annoyed a lot lately because I feel so taken advantage of.
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Yes, ds 12 had a friend like that. They expected to have the kid stay for the whole weekend. There was once where ds went over there for the night. My brother came for the weekend and we had plans for Saturday. The friend kept trying to get ds to talk me into letting him stay after I made it clear that I was picking him up. The parents got pissy too. The next weekend he was at my house, it was only supposed to be one night but turned to 2. Later on in the week he threatened to kick ds's ass because of a girl. When I called the parents, they refused to talk to me. That was the end. I also always had to provide transportation. Thank God we're moving so he won't go to school with him next year!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I at least like this boy, so thats a plus....and the dad always provides transportation. I dont even know where the kid lives. So another plus.

But this dad has the uncanny ability to know when we dont have plans, lol.

Quoting Hilary799: Yes, ds 12 had a friend like that. They expected to have the kid stay for the whole weekend. There was once where ds went over there for the night. My brother came for the weekend and we had plans for Saturday. The friend kept trying to get ds to talk me into letting him stay after I made it clear that I was picking him up. The parents got pissy too. The next weekend he was at my house, it was only supposed to be one night but turned to 2. Later on in the week he threatened to kick ds's ass because of a girl. When I called the parents, they refused to talk to me. That was the end. I also always had to provide transportation. Thank God we're moving so he won't go to school with him next year!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN