Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gay Marriage S/O

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:04 AM
  • 24 Replies
3 moms liked this
My godparents are both men. They have been together for over 13 years. They have 12 children total between them. Some are adopted some they had through surrogacy. They are loving, kind, generous, and all around amazing people. They have a love that few find in this world. I can not picture one without the other and they seem to complete each other in every way that matters. They are not perfect by any means, they have their faults, but the good I have seen them do in this world makes me so very proud to be a part of their family. When my father had cancer, Godfather R took time out of his very busy days and stayed with my brother and I. He looked after us, made sure we were not alone, made sure we ate, and held us when we cried with worry and fear. Godfather J took us out camping with his children to help take our minds away from that fear, made us laugh, kept a smile on our faces the whole time. If my father had been taken from us then, neither of them would have thought twice about taking us in and holding us up through the loss.

How can anyone say they are degrading marriage? That they are somehow wrong, evil, sick in the head, or not right in general? They have more love in their hearts than most people I have met in my life. Have done more good than many radical christians I know. If you really think THESE people are going anywhere near hell you need to go look in the mirror and look hard.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:09 AM
I don't get it either. My friends have 3 children, and now all they want is what every straight couple can have, the same last name. Something I know I take for granted means so much to gay couples.
TheMaddHatress
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:15 AM
I do not understand it either. I am getting married next year. But I know those who must go out of country, just to be married, and even then out law will not recognize it when they return. I just can not grasp how people think this will hurt THEM. How can it? My marriage will not affect my neighbors in the least, they won't even care. So why would they care if the couple next to them happens to be of the same sex?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: I don't get it either. My friends have 3 children, and now all they want is what every straight couple can have, the same last name. Something I know I take for granted means so much to gay couples.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Truth. It doesn't make sense. People want to rely on "oh God is against it!" Well there are a lot of "rules" they don't follow that he was against too.

Quoting TheMaddHatress: I do not understand it either. I am getting married next year. But I know those who must go out of country, just to be married, and even then out law will not recognize it when they return. I just can not grasp how people think this will hurt THEM. How can it? My marriage will not affect my neighbors in the least, they won't even care. So why would they care if the couple next to them happens to be of the same sex?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: I don't get it either. My friends have 3 children, and now all they want is what every straight couple can have, the same last name. Something I know I take for granted means so much to gay couples.
TheMaddHatress
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:24 AM
I believe in God however I stopped calling myself a christian or following any kind of church. I can not believe that God would want me to blindly follow a book written by mankind, as some seem to do. I have my own personal relationship with my God, and my God has never once said to me nor instilled in me a belief that what God made so is wrong. For God must have made it possible or it would not be.

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: Truth. It doesn't make sense. People want to rely on "oh God is against it!" Well there are a lot of "rules" they don't follow that he was against too.

Quoting TheMaddHatress: I do not understand it either. I am getting married next year. But I know those who must go out of country, just to be married, and even then out law will not recognize it when they return. I just can not grasp how people think this will hurt THEM. How can it? My marriage will not affect my neighbors in the least, they won't even care. So why would they care if the couple next to them happens to be of the same sex?

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:26 AM
I've never understood the arguments against gay marriage. They really have no merit.
TheMaddHatress
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I think the ones that get me the most are the "its a mental illness!" ones. Seriously? If you have that much hate in then the problem is inward, not in a person who has done nothing to you.

Quoting Momniscient: I've never understood the arguments against gay marriage. They really have no merit.
TheMaddHatress
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Bump, for love.
Yetegemene
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:06 PM

It just doesn't make any sense.

My gay brother-in-law (and one of my best friends in this world) was there for me when I had my kids. He told me that I would make an awesome mom, and all I could do is cry because he couldn't get the chance to be a father. I knew he would be the greatest dad ever, loving, understanding, funny etc. This was almost 20 years ago, and I'm so glad that he can be the parent he was meant to be (gay adoption legal since 2003 in CA).

P.S. He and his highschool sweetheart are getting married in November!

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM
There is no LOGICAL reason to give two shits if two men or two women marry. There just isn't.
eztwins
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Actually that argument doesn't hold weight either ( aside from its stupidity). People with mental illness are allowed to get married!!!

Quoting TheMaddHatress: I think the ones that get me the most are the "its a mental illness!" ones. Seriously? If you have that much hate in then the problem is inward, not in a person who has done nothing to you.

Quoting Momniscient: I've never understood the arguments against gay marriage. They really have no merit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)