Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food phobia update *update 2 1/2*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been working very hard on "being normal", and was able to eat half a sandwich yesterday, and again today. today I DID have my husband with me, so it did make it a little easier. Also yesterday I ate a mushy cup of cereal.

I am still having dfficulties, and it was very difficult to eat my soup at dinner. I bought a bunch of yummy food today, but until I have my husband here, I don't think I can eat them. Also... how much crab (immatation I think, its in seafood salad) is it safe to eat in a day? I alread had some on half a bread roll, and think I might be able to eat that again, but I dont wanna get sick.

I really am trying. I know I need to get better. The smaller sized pants I just bought, are now to big for me, and I and so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. Some will judge me, and thats ok to not understand. 

to clarify my issue, when I even think about eating, my heart starts racing, I get dizzy, and scared. durring eating, my anxiety gets so bad that my jaw stiffens, my tounge tightens up, and my throat clses up. I chew completely pureed food, or even pudding, yogurts, or soup. after I eat, I am shakey, and its as if I am stepping off a roller coaster. It takes me an hour or longer to eat a light meal.

I really am trying. I attempting to over come this with out the need for therapy. 

UPDATE: I can't eat today I guess. 

This morning i had a few bites of yogurt, and for lunch, not even a whole chunk of crab. Right now, I am taking a few sips of butternut squash soup, and having not much luck. 

WHY CAN'T I FREAKING SWALLOW?!?!? ugh... this is getting progressivly worse. if I could afford therapy, I'd mget it right away. sadly though, I cannot. Prayer helps. I am getting so overwhelmed about this. feeling hopeless. I am sick and weak today. I just want to cry. I just want to be normal.

UPDATE: IM CALLING A THERAPIST TOMORROW. I found one who specializes in phobias, self condifence, and anxiety. I really hope this helps. I am probably going to walk in and be really embarrassed having to explain my issues, because I dont want him to look at me like im weird. BUT I will walk in and do my absolute best to be strong, and open minded. thank you guys for the support!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daniellegirly26
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Awww I hope it gets easier for you. Just keep trying a little each day. You'll get better if push yourself.

The crab you could probably eat the whole pack in a day, spaced out at different meals. Shouldn't make you sick :)

Are you in therapy? Meds?

Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Thank you. Not on meds, not in therapy. but am considering it. I was wanting to see if I could beat this by myself first.

Quoting daniellegirly26: Awww I hope it gets easier for you. Just keep trying a little each day. You'll get better if push yourself. The crab you could probably eat the whole pack in a day, spaced out at different meals. Shouldn't make you sick :) Are you in therapy? Meds? Good luck!

daniellegirly26
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Well that's really great! Sometimes you need a little help and it could bd just that perfect amount of help you need to get strong to do it on your own :)

Any favorite foods?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. Not on meds, not in therapy. but am considering it. I was wanting to see if I could beat this by myself first.

Quoting daniellegirly26: Awww I hope it gets easier for you. Just keep trying a little each day. You'll get better if push yourself.

The crab you could probably eat the whole pack in a day, spaced out at different meals. Shouldn't make you sick :)

Are you in therapy? Meds?

Good luck!

MomofBoys838
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I wish you all the best as you get better.  Although it is admirable of you to do it without therapy, you might get better faster if you try it. 

At least try a few sessions...you don't have to do it any longer than you want to.

You'll be in my prayers!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM
I still think you need therapy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much. I'm only going to let this go on a little longer before I give in, but eating half of a sandwich (SOLID FOOD!! I was so happy!) I started feeling like...ok I am getting some where :)

Quoting MomofBoys838:

I wish you all the best as you get better.  Although it is admirable of you to do it without therapy, you might get better faster if you try it. 

At least try a few sessions...you don't have to do it any longer than you want to.

You'll be in my prayers!

nopenope666
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Why would it be dangerous to eat crab? Wtf?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Chinese food :) if I could, I would order it every day. It would still take forever to eat, and it would still difficult, but I would enjoy it a whole lot more

Quoting daniellegirly26: Well that's really great! Sometimes you need a little help and it could bd just that perfect amount of help you need to get strong to do it on your own :) Any favorite foods?
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting daniellegirly26: Awww I hope it gets easier for you. Just keep trying a little each day. You'll get better if push yourself. The crab you could probably eat the whole pack in a day, spaced out at different meals. Shouldn't make you sick :) Are you in therapy? Meds? Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:25 AM

I know. irrational.

Quoting nopenope666: Why would it be dangerous to eat crab? Wtf?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:27 AM

You might be right.

Quoting Anonymous: I still think you need therapy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)