• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fireworks?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM
  • 92 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm so freaking excited for 4th of July! Lol we always do fireworks. We bought our first round tonight. We're bringing sd tomorrow to pick out what she wants since she doesn't care for the loud ones. She'll pick lots of fountains and little things. We'll end up buying more I'm sure, places do good sales on what they have left on July 4th. So:
Do you pop your own?
Do you go all out, or just a few?
What are your plans?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:19 AM

They are illegal in my state unless you are a professional.

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:22 AM

They're not allowed in my apartment complex, but I'd probably pass anyway.  They're so expensive, and only Safe & Sane fireworks are legal in California.  Boring stuff for the cost.

We'll be going to a fireworks show at a local high school instead. 

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:22 AM
We used to pop our own before we moved to town. Now we can see the city's display from our backyard. Lol. This year we are going to the racetrack. My husband is entering a big race and they are doing a display that night. That's on Saturday though so we will probably find something to do Friday too. Either in our yard or someplace else
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Omg that sucks!! What state are you in?

Quoting Anonymous:

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Safe and sane?? Sooo smoke bombs and sparklers? Lol
Have fun! Professional shows are fun :)

Quoting Ginger0104:

They're not allowed in my apartment complex, but I'd probably pass anyway.  They're so expensive, and only Safe & Sane fireworks are legal in California.  Boring stuff for the cost.

We'll be going to a fireworks show at a local high school instead. 

Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM
I spent over $500 today. Let me get them all out and I'll take a picture.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Pennsylvania  Not sure why it sucks.  Professional shows are a dime a dozen here all year long.

Quoting TexasGirl90: Omg that sucks!! What state are you in?
Quoting Anonymous:

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM
That sounds fun! What kind of racing does he do?

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009: We used to pop our own before we moved to town. Now we can see the city's display from our backyard. Lol. This year we are going to the racetrack. My husband is entering a big race and they are doing a display that night. That's on Saturday though so we will probably find something to do Friday too. Either in our yard or someplace else
hershey6
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
They are illegal here- but we are going to a baseball game and then watching the fireworks there, they always have a good show.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:25 AM

not allowed where we are.  we will going out to the country the day after the fourth. our neighbor's dad owns several stands around. they put on the bbq ,snow cones, cotton candy, ect. along with some bands, and then blow up all the fireworks. it is awesome!  he does this every year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)