Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I quit today.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
I quit smoking. I hope I can do it this time. Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinktardis
by Pinky on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I didn't tell anyone I was quitting, it kind of made it easier without ant pressure. I even took my "smoke" breaks as usual, I just took a walk. I had cut down quite a bit by the time I quit, and every cig if my last pack, I told myself "this is my last pack."
Be wary of your smoker friends, they'll try to get you to cheat.
I quit 7 years ago, cold turkey. I'm so glad I did! The first week will be hardest.
Good luck and congratulations!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:35 AM
I have only 1 smoker friend. I started the patch today.

Quoting pinktardis: I didn't tell anyone I was quitting, it kind of made it easier without ant pressure. I even took my "smoke" breaks as usual, I just took a walk. I had cut down quite a bit by the time I quit, and every cig if my last pack, I told myself "this is my last pack."
I quit 7 years ago, cold turkey. I'm so glad I did! The first week will be hardest.
pinktardis
by Pinky on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Cool! I know someone who quit successfully with the patch. If your friend is interested, you should try quitting together, it's good to have a support system.
When I quit, I was working at an office where EVERYONE smoked, I was very worried about temptation.

Quoting Anonymous: I have only 1 smoker friend. I started the patch today.
Quoting pinktardis: I didn't tell anyone I was quitting, it kind of made it easier without ant pressure. I even took my "smoke" breaks as usual, I just took a walk. I had cut down quite a bit by the time I quit, and every cig if my last pack, I told myself "this is my last pack."

SneezyAl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Good luck!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Lol she will never quit.

Quoting pinktardis: Cool! I know someone who quit successfully with the patch. If your friend is interested, you should try quitting together, it's good to have a support system.
When I quit, I was working at an office where EVERYONE smoked, I was very worried about temptation.

PoisonEyeV
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Squash all the excuses why you CAN'T and just DO it. Smoking gives you ZERO benefits & there's no reason you need to continue that gross habit.

You got this ;)

pinktardis
by Pinky on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Ha! I was the same way.
Good luck again! :)

Quoting Anonymous: Lol she will never quit.

Quoting pinktardis: Cool! I know someone who quit successfully with the patch. If your friend is interested, you should try quitting together, it's good to have a support system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:42 AM
I hope so. Lol

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Squash all the excuses why you CAN'T and just DO it. Smoking gives you ZERO benefits & there's no reason you need to continue that gross habit.

You got this ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:42 AM
The patch does work with cravings but I missed smoking.
It's hard to find something in place of it. It was like I didn't want a cigarette.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:43 AM
I have been feeling the same way.

Quoting Anonymous: The patch does work with cravings but I missed smoking.
It's hard to find something in place of it. It was like I didn't want a cigarette.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)