Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My MIL and her crazy little dogs.. I get to be the bad guy, again..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

My MIL had a dog pass last year that was a crazy dog.  It was little and cute but nasty and nutso.  It bit me twice and you couldn't pet it or get near its food or it would bite you.

Well, she got another dog.  I thought maybe she learned her lesson about the dog since the dog ended up not being welcome at my house and needing to be put away if we came over.  

She bought a puppy and kept telling my hubby what a nice dog it was. 

Well we went over there and the "nice puppy" is actually an unsocialized crazy dog that did nothing but growl and snarl and snap at us the entire time we were there..  including after she put the dog in its "safe spot".. 

She kept saying the dog was scared.  I did not see scared.  I saw aggressive and she didn't do anything about the dog snarling at us and snapping at my son who was just trying to hug his Grandmother until I told them I was going to take the kids and leave if she didn't put the dog away.

I mean, it's a 4 month old puppy.  It is not freaking right in the head.  What normal puppy does this type of crap?   Aren't puppies supposed to be friendly?! Apparently when they got the dog it had been snarling at FIL for weeks.. but somehow this was a nice dog.   Nice dog that is freaking crazy and snarls at everyone.  Gotcha.

So, now I have to play "will this dog bite my kids?" roulette or be the "evil DIL" who won't let the dog in my house or my kids go to hers if she's not going to put the dog away. 

I'm just dumbfounded.  This is a PUPPY.  I would take it back to the breeder because it is so nutso.

Or at least stop making excuses and saying it's "nice but scared".  Dog that snarls and snaps at welcomed visitors = not nice.  

Why do people keep dogs that are like this? 

Is it because the dog is really small and somehow she thinks because it can't rip their arms off in one bite it is okay if it bites them!? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:08 AM

B

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:11 AM

u

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:14 AM

m

bjw_053109
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Wow that dog is crazy. I wouldn't be able to keep one like that. My 4 yr old terrier growls and barks at everyone then he'll try to lick you to death.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I HATE little dogs. If they are mean and biters, I'm tempted to drop kick them across the room. 

BradleysMom2014
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:28 AM

I flipped shit on my roommate for her dog.... she's always saying home much of a sweet dog he is

until you get it around small children, he almost bit a friends kid, backed a 2 year old in a corner with it's barking while she was standing there not doing a damned thing, pissed all over my house, and dug a hole in my wall

he's still such a great dog tho...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Growls and barks, alerting you, til you say "Shush dog these are guests" right? 

I had a dog that would sit and almost purr/speak at me sometimes.  She'd go "ggrrrr OOoooooooooooowowowow oooooo"  but not actually be growling.    Freaked my mother out, she said "is your dog growling at you?!"  I said "No" and mimicked the dog and we "spoke" and she attacked me with kisses (yuck darn dog and her long tongue yuck!) ..   I can see how an outsider would be scared but her body language was playful and excited not aggressive.

This dog had its hackles up, tail up, occasionally baring its teeth, was lunging out from behind her owners legs and the dog was saying "Go away from my owner or I'll bite you!"    Just a darn puppy!   And MIL just kept saying "Oh puppy, haha, don't be scared!"   Dog was not scared that I could see...  I think MIL is delusional about dogs ..  She's usually such a grounded and logical person but something about cute dogs...  

Quoting bjw_053109: Wow that dog is crazy. I wouldn't be able to keep one like that. My 4 yr old terrier growls and barks at everyone then he'll try to lick you to death.

cdjd23
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:33 AM
I could understand if the dog was acting like that when you first entered their space but if the dog is being left alone and still acting like that, it's not a dog I would be comfortable around. At that point I wouldn't care about coming off as a bitch, that dog would not be coming in my home.
Lo428
by get over yourself on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:36 AM

I have to muzzle my dogs when ever someone new comes over. The crazy little fuckers don't take well to strangers.

bjw_053109
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:38 AM
That's not scared puppy that's "I'm gonna chew your face off puppy". And oh hell no I would not want that thing around my kids. Yeah my dog quiets once I tell him to be quiet. I also have a 3 1/2 month old puppy but she nips she is literally playful. It sounds like MIL got demon dog. Not cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

Growls and barks, alerting you, til you say "Shush dog these are guests" right? 

I had a dog that would sit and almost purr/speak at me sometimes.  She'd go "ggrrrr OOoooooooooooowowowow oooooo"  but not actually be growling.    Freaked my mother out, she said "is your dog growling at you?!"  I said "No" and mimicked the dog and we "spoke" and she attacked me with kisses (yuck darn dog and her long tongue yuck!) ..   I can see how an outsider would be scared but her body language was playful and excited not aggressive.

This dog had its hackles up, tail up, occasionally baring its teeth, was lunging out from behind her owners legs and the dog was saying "Go away from my owner or I'll bite you!"    Just a darn puppy!   And MIL just kept saying "Oh puppy, haha, don't be scared!"   Dog was not scared that I could see...  I think MIL is delusional about dogs ..  She's usually such a grounded and logical person but something about cute dogs...  

Quoting bjw_053109: Wow that dog is crazy. I wouldn't be able to keep one like that. My 4 yr old terrier growls and barks at everyone then he'll try to lick you to death.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)