• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So annoyed at DH..

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
My husband has one friend that he's known since high school. He's a mooch, that lives at his parents, with no job and no license because of his DUI. I tolerate him only because he's not around too often.
But when they hangout together, my dh ends up paying for everything and they both get shitfaced.

Anyways, Dh invited him to a mariners game while my mom, aunt and friend stayed home and put together baby shower stuff (I'm 32 weeks pregnant).
Before he left, he said he wasnt going to have more than a beer or two since A..he cant afford to, and B.. hes driving.

well after not hearing from him for a few hours with no text back, I called and immediately got pissed off. I heard, the second he answered, that he'd definitely had more than "one or two beers"
he told me he had "4 or 5 and its not a big deal". which means he probably bought his buddy "4 or 5" as well.

The game is an hour away, PLUS gay pride is this weekend so cops are everywhere! Not only do I despise people who drink and drive and we CANNOT afford for him to get another freaking ticket, But one of my biggest pet peeves is someone who doesn't keep their word.
And I swear to God if he shows up with his friend expecting to stay up all night drinking more, I'll lock them out.

Maybe its just the pregnancy hormones, and the stress of Two preterm labor scares recently, but I'm beyond annoyed.
I left a note on the door telling him he better not wake up Ds and I, and that he could go sleep on the couch.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ashley_719
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:48 AM
I normally dont vent too much about my husband but today has been stressful and I just needed to bitch a bit lol.
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Lock him out anyway!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Stop being a nag..
Ashley_719
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:00 AM
He texted me and got pissy that I'm annoyed with him. Said I was "putting him on the same level as douche bags who cheat on their wives" and "wasnt being fair".
Lol
grey7399
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Lock him out anyway.

and drinking & driving is soooo inappropriate and illegal.... it really pisses me off.

Brielle.Jude
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Its okay to once in a while treat your friends to some fun, even if said friend is a mooch. Unless this was happening on a regular basis, i wouldnt be upset about a couple beers. I WOULD be upset about driving drunk, and even though it cost more money, i would ask him to at least get a cab home.
I dont blame you for wanting him to sleep on the couch. I wouldnt want a stinky drunk dh sleeping next to me lol
Even if he did shower, pregnancy nose can smell a lot.
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. Drinking and driving is no joke. Too much on the line all around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)