Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

learned something new today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I saw a sign that read "uncontested divorce $199.99"

I ask DH what is an uncontested divorce, he tells me one that;s not contested

I ask what's that

It's when they agree to divorce, a contested is where you have to go to court and decide if you need to be divorced

Never knew that... I always thought if one person wanted a divorce you just signed the papers...

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:04 AM

IDIOT

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:04 AM
It's true.

Divorce isn't always simple.

Some spouses contest it out of spite.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Alrighty then. I thought it was self explanatory.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Wow.   Both parties have to agree to it for it to be final unless you are like my guy's ex who forged his signature on their divorce papers.  When one party does not want to get divorced or wants more material goods, it can cost thousands of dollars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:10 AM

I didn't know you could FORCE someone to stay married to you... but according to how he explained it it's possible.... I just thought divorce was divorce... my parents never had a divorce, and my family isn't close so all we knew was so and so got a divorce...

I just thought you went to a lawyer, they got papers to sign, and they signed them...

Quoting Anonymous: Alrighty then. I thought it was self explanatory.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:12 AM

I didn't know the diffrent names, I thought divorce was divorce, you got the papers, sent them and if they wanted to be a douche about it they took you to court to try to get as much as they wanted

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.   Both parties have to agree to it for it to be final unless you are like my guy's ex who forged his signature on their divorce papers.  When one party does not want to get divorced or wants more material goods, it can cost thousands of dollars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:14 AM

I didn't know the different names... I always thought divorce was divorce... you got papers, sent them, and if they wanted to be a douche they took you to court to try to get as much as they could out of you...

Quoting Anonymous:

IDIOT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)