Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared to be a single mom. Help.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:27 AM
  • 10 Replies
I have to put my sons life first. I will always put him first but I'm terrified at the thought of being a single mom. I dont want to fail. I have no idea where to even begin to look for help. I know I need to get him on child supoort and get custody established. We're not married just engaged and living together but after tonight I dont think I can live like this anymore. Where do I evem go for housing help. I dont have anyone I can move in with. I dont have a job but have serveral interviews this week. Im petrified. Please help settle my mind, point me in the right direction, and give me strength. I hate this but my son comes first.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Try calling 211. You might have to stay in a shelter for a bit. Contact the housing authority in your city. It will be hard and you might feel as though you're being punished for doing the right thing, but your son is worth it.
garzaCg1117
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:48 AM
This. And rember the begging is always hard. But trust me, you will have such a GREAT, INDEPENDENT,FREE, & STRONG MOMMY feeling in the end. Speaking from my own expierence.

Quoting Anonymous: Try calling 211. You might have to stay in a shelter for a bit. Contact the housing authority in your city. It will be hard and you might feel as though you're being punished for doing the right thing, but your son is worth it.
poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Were you terrified too? I feel bad its taken me this long to see what a jerk he really is and that I really am putting my sons life at risk. Its just frustrating.

Quoting garzaCg1117: This. And rember the begging is always hard. But trust me, you will have such a GREAT, INDEPENDENT,FREE, & STRONG MOMMY feeling in the end. Speaking from my own expierence.

Quoting Anonymous: Try calling 211. You might have to stay in a shelter for a bit. Contact the housing authority in your city. It will be hard and you might feel as though you're being punished for doing the right thing, but your son is worth it.
poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Thank you. Secrion 8 housing list is closed right now. Argh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Im a single mom of two and its hard. Trying to find a job is three times as hard. Good luck to you.
Lilith23
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM
What did he do?
Are you in Canada? Cause i know a lot of resources here that can help you.
tcallisto
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I have been a single mom twice. Once with one son, then again with 2 boys. It can be terrifying, but also very liberating. The hardest for me was the financial part. As a mom, we have instincts so we will always protect our children, but providing for them was scary. It was a lot of praying for me. I wish you the best of luck and know that no matter what, in the end, your kids will be fine and happy. 

poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:56 PM
He wont talk to his mom about giving ds whose 15 months tuings like skittles, popcorn, gum amd soda knowing we dont want him to have it. He wont talk to her about jot giving ds things he is allergic to and has epi pens for. He isnt trying to move us out of here. While we were bickering last night about it he said I could always leave. I told him I didnt have a place for the three of us to go so he told me not to worry about him that he would be staying here anyways. That sent up major red flags to me. All over me asking him to watch our son so I could go on a job interview. He told me jo because he had better things to do. That his mom could do it. Its just so maddening because when theyre not around he is amazing but around his family he is an asshole.

Quoting Lilith23: What did he do?
poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:56 PM
And no I live in Houston.

Quoting Lilith23: What did he do?
poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Thank you.

Quoting tcallisto:

I have been a single mom twice. Once with one son, then again with 2 boys. It can be terrifying, but also very liberating. The hardest for me was the financial part. As a mom, we have instincts so we will always protect our children, but providing for them was scary. It was a lot of praying for me. I wish you the best of luck and know that no matter what, in the end, your kids will be fine and happy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)