Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you worry??

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:12 AM
  • 12 Replies
My dog is six years old. She was fine and acting normal a few months ago. Well, the vet said she was overweight. She has been on a special food since then and has now lost what she needed to lose.

2 weeks ago we moved from AZ to AK. We drove. On the trip I noticed that she was getting lethargic. I assumed it was the car and hotels and strange places.

We got a house about 4 days ago and the first day and a half she perked up. I assumed I was right iny previous assumption. But now, she is back to being lethargic. She will go outside, do her business, then go into the shed and lay there until we go in. Then she lays inside doesn't get up until food, or outside is offered.

We don't have a vet here, so that is on my list of to-dos, but I have their meds for another month (heartworm and flea prevention). Money is tight from the move, but if it's necessary I will take her. She doesn't seem to be in pain, just tired all the time.

Could it still just be the move? Would you take her in? I cant call til tomorrow, so I figured I would get other opinions until then.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:15 AM
The timing seems suspicious. Bump for someone who knows more than me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:16 AM

I would take her ASAP........ Those are 2 different climates and sometimes our pets do not handle it well.  Which breed is your dog?   She also could have caught something during the drive without anyone knowing.  It is possible it is depression as well.   I would definitely at very least call a local vet to discuss her symptoms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:16 AM
It's probably just from the move. She is in a new strange place. Might take her a few days to go explore and feel comfortable and at home. I'd give her a few more days.
lovetoteachec
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Bump
sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Yes I think your dog is tired from all the things surrounding the move. I would just call your old vet see if they can give you a phone consult.
petie1104
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:19 AM
She's a pit/lab mix. I was also worried about hotel rooms and what she may have picked up. But our 1 year old dog isn't sick so it seems like both would have caught it. Or maybe I'm overthinking. I mean I can get sick when th doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would take her ASAP........ Those are 2 different climates and sometimes our pets do not handle it well.  Which breed is your dog?   She also could have caught something during the drive without anyone knowing.  It is possible it is depression as well.   I would definitely at very least call a local vet to discuss her symptoms.

petie1104
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:20 AM
GOOD IDEA!! I didn't even consider that.

Quoting sarahfaith123: Yes I think your dog is tired from all the things surrounding the move. I would just call your old vet see if they can give you a phone consult.
sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:20 AM
My MIL s dog took months to adjust when she and him moved. He would just lay around, poor thing. ):
sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:21 AM
Hope he feels better

Quoting petie1104: GOOD IDEA!! I didn't even consider that.

Quoting sarahfaith123: Yes I think your dog is tired from all the things surrounding the move. I would just call your old vet see if they can give you a phone consult.
imultracool
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Is he eating and drinking?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)