• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a WHAT?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I think I have a zit right next to my vagina! And maybe an ingrown hair?! There's a tiny white dot and a slightly bigger black one. It was embarrassing as shit but I had DH look (I know, he's down there all the time, but not with a fucking flashlight, or really *looking* at all!) and he says the white one looks like a zit. Has that happened to anyone else?? Never in my 29 years have I experienced that!
I don't even know what else the black dot could be. I swear I take good care of myself, but I am on my period and I use cloth pads. I don't shave that area, haven't used any new products. And I don't have insurance so a Dr is out of the question. Help?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Sounds like an ingrown hair. Soak in a warm Epsom salt bath ... then squeeze.
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Pop the zit, keep it clean and remove the ingrown hair with tweezers and keep that clean. Should solve the problem.
Brandyns87
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Squeeze them.
katieculpepper
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:53 AM
Don't pop it! No matter what!!!
kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:57 AM

what the other ladies said. keep it clean and dry (as dry as the area will allow) and watch it. if it gets worse then you have to go in! a lot of drs offices have charity that you can apply for. dh got mrsa on his upper thigh when we didnt have insurance, and the dr covered the entire cost, and follow up for 6 months (thank goodness, cause it came back 3 times!). and i wouldnt have boom boom until it was healed up, just in cases (besides, you dont want him to irritate it more!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:58 AM
lol Everyone else says to pop it! Why shouldn't I?

Quoting katieculpepper: Don't pop it! No matter what!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Bump!
xtwistedxlovex
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:06 AM

The black dot likely is an ingrown hair - which would cause the 'zit'. I get them from panties with cheap elastic; they dig in and rub and cause all sorts of problems.

Do warm compresses a few times a day to help draw it out. It should come to a head on its own - and once it does, be sure to disinfect it routinely - but if it doesn't, try Planned Parenthood. They use an income-based scale to determine fees.

xtwistedxlovex
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Squeezing an infected follicle can actually shove debris deeper and break the follicle wall - thus spreading the infection.

Quoting Anonymous: lol Everyone else says to pop it! Why shouldn't I?
Quoting katieculpepper: Don't pop it! No matter what!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:10 AM
There's 2 different spots. About 1/4" away from each other.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

The black dot likely is an ingrown hair - which would cause the 'zit'. I get them from panties with cheap elastic; they dig in and rub and cause all sorts of problems.

Do warm compresses a few times a day to help draw it out. It should come to a head on its own - and once it does, be sure to disinfect it routinely - but if it doesn't, try Planned Parenthood. They use an income-based scale to determine fees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)