Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick little kitty please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Please help . I have a baby kitten who has cold symptoms, his little eyes began watering so I took him to the vet. She said it's a standard cold and gave him some meds through his nose . Cost me 75 for the meds. That was Wednesday afternoon. Today he wakes up and hid cold is worse and his little eye is RES AND SWOLLEN . What the hell. I am do worried about him. I don't have much money and I think the only places open would be some expensive vet hospital. Does any one know what u can do for him? ??? He's 4 months old
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, but I'm a firm believer in "if you don't have the money to properly care for a pet, don't get one".

Give the poor thing to someone who can afford to take care of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:06 AM
I don't have an extra 150 . No I don't. I just spent 75 on Wednesday. I don't have hundreds of extra dollars.

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry, but I'm a firm believer in "if you don't have the money to properly care for a pet, don't get one".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:18 AM
Do u honesty think I should get rid of him? I mean I am not poor but I also don't have extra HUNDREDS of dollars extra. I buy him the good food and litter. I afford my life expenses and I take good care of my son and I. I do feel very badly I wish I could have more money. IT would be very hard for me to have 200 dollars or more just "gone" this week. I hope I can find a way. You really made me feel bad. I really do care about my cat

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry, but I'm a firm believer in "if you don't have the money to properly care for a pet, don't get one".

missmikelots
by Beyond Blessed on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:33 AM
are his eyes swollen- is that what you wrote?
if he's congested with cold symptoms
take him in the bathroom run the shower and let him sit on your lap while the bathroom gets real warm and steamy. put the water all the way over to hot hot

also you can take a warm wash cloth /wring it out and wipe his eyes gently,and clean them up.

they give you antibiotics ?eye meds? antiviral meds? did they test him?( felv/ fiv)
how old is he? is he eating drinking?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:38 AM
She gave him a medicine into his nose through a syringe (not an antibiotic). I am unsure of what is was called. She didn't do testing of any sort and seems unconcerned. Yes his eye is swollen , red and very very weepy. He also sneezes a lot. I am very worried it won't pass now and will continue to get worse
Quoting missmikelots: are his eyes swollen- is that what you wrote?
if he's congested with cold symptoms
take him in the bathroom run the shower and let him sit on your lap while the bathroom gets real warm and steamy. put the water all the way over to hot hot

also you can take a warm wash cloth /wring it out and wipe his eyes gently,and clean them up.

they give you antibiotics ?eye meds? antiviral meds? did they test him?( felv/ fiv)
how old is he? is he eating drinking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missmikelots
by Beyond Blessed on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:41 AM
wait...she didn't give him any antibiotics to go home and she didn't give him any at the clinic?
do you have the paper saying your charges -if so what are the names of the charges she charged you for?
so you are giving him nothing?
how old?
eating?
drinking ?
these questions are important
do you have any wet food?

Quoting Anonymous: She gave him a medicine into his nose through a syringe (not an antibiotic). I am unsure of what is was called. She didn't do testing of any sort and seems unconcerned. Yes his eye is swollen , red and very very weepy. He also sneezes a lot. I am very worried it won't pass now and will continue to get worse
Quoting missmikelots: are his eyes swollen- is that what you wrote? if he's congested with cold symptoms take him in the bathroom run the shower and let him sit on your lap while the bathroom gets real warm and steamy. put the water all the way over to hot hot also you can take a warm wash cloth /wring it out and wipe his eyes gently,and clean them up. they give you antibiotics ?eye meds? antiviral meds? did they test him?( felv/ fiv) how old is he? is he eating drinking?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:45 AM
She said he didn't need any because it was a virus. She said what she was giving him would help bring his Natural antibodies out and fight his cold. Then today his eye swoll up aand his cold is worse. Seems to be eating and drinking fine. Less active. I was not given any meds to give him. I'll have to search for the paperwork. He's 4 months

Quoting missmikelots: wait...she didn't give him any antibiotics to go home and she didn't give him any at the clinic?
do you have the paper saying your charges -if so what are the names of the charges she charged you for?
how old?
eating?
drinking ?

Quoting Anonymous: She gave him a medicine into his nose through a syringe (not an antibiotic). I am unsure of what is was called. She didn't do testing of any sort and seems unconcerned. Yes his eye is swollen , red and very very weepy. He also sneezes a lot. I am very worried it won't pass now and will continue to get worse
Quoting missmikelots: are his eyes swollen- is that what you wrote? if he's congested with cold symptoms take him in the bathroom run the shower and let him sit on your lap while the bathroom gets real warm and steamy. put the water all the way over to hot hot also you can take a warm wash cloth /wring it out and wipe his eyes gently,and clean them up. they give you antibiotics ?eye meds? antiviral meds? did they test him?( felv/ fiv) how old is he? is he eating drinking?
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:56 AM
My mom had a cat that had that problem. After she had her babies she got super sick. Couldn't move. Most vets would have probably put her down and her eyes were watering and crusting over really bad and it even had a horrible smell to it. But we wet down a wash rag and kept her eyes super clean, doing that every few hours or whenever needed. And we had to practically bottle feed her and force her to take liquids but after lots of determination and love we nursed her back to health. Just try to keep her eyes as clean as you can. Poor thing.
lalaballet
by Wrapper on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:56 AM
I know sometimes animals can have benedryl. Or whatever it's spelled like lol. Look up a dose and try the liquid to see if it helps. And take him back in a couple days if he's not better.
missmikelots
by Beyond Blessed on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:00 AM
ok. that's an antiviral supplement she gave him. and yeah it is a virus but now his eyes are most likely infected. it won't cost that much to pick up eye ointment it is Sunday though tomorrow. I'd call Monday early, tell them the state he's in and ask if you could please pick up some ointment or drops-
since he's eating and drinking (which is great) that's a very good sign. . he is going to be tired, those virus take a lot out of them. URI is most likely what she said he has. other than taking him overnight to the ER l,there's not much you can do.
do the steam shower, that will really open his nose and airway up and help him
if you have saline drops( like for babies/ pure saline-no medicine inside) you can put a drop in each nostril (won't like it that much) tip his head back while doing it gently and place one 1-2 drops in each. he will sneeze some of that crap out.
do the warm wash cloth and actually place it over (gently) the eyes-like we do when our eyes are hurting. make sure he continues to eat and drink
if you have wet food that would be good to mix a little water in it and make it more watery so he gets fluids in him. if you don't have any wet food you can add water to his dry and let it soak.
you can make a little space up for him with a heating pad on low w/ towels over it( DO NOT LET HIM LAY RIGHT ON TOP OF HEATING PAD) keep him warm.
you can microwave towels( dry) just so stay warm a bit(don't last that long but kitty likes warmth)
if you have a box he will fit it to sleep an old liter clean box or something he'd feel comfy and warm in to get in and out of
there isn't much else I can tell you to do other than this stuff.
that steam will help him
you can do it often as ya like. call his vet on Monday-really if you don't go in as a check up and just buy the meds it shouldn't be more than15$30(not sure how much their meds are) that's why I said to say to them can I please pick up meds - let them know you want to help this kitty but you're tight in money..

Quoting Anonymous: She said he didn't need any because it was a virus. She said what she was giving him would help bring his Natural antibodies out and fight his cold. Then today his eye swoll up aand his cold is worse. Seems to be eating and drinking fine. Less active. I was not given any meds to give him. I'll have to search for the paperwork. He's 4 months

Quoting missmikelots: wait...she didn't give him any antibiotics to go home and she didn't give him any at the clinic?
how old?
eating?
drinking ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)