Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

##insert catchy title here!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My father has had custody of me most of my life. Ther reason being that my mom is basically a druggie.... she has been in and out of jail several times. I have seen her maybe 12 times in my whole life that I can recall (im 27). She is my mom.. and I REALLY want a relationship with her. When she is out of jail she lives with my aunt. She is basically the housekeeper/ maid.. She lives in Dallas and I live in Oklahoma..

well, she is back in jail for drugs AGAIN! and will be out in like 3.5 months... I have recently been feeling "lead"- or whatever you want to call it... to have her come live with me when she gets out of jail.. I think that being 3 hours away from her normal crowd would stiffle the drugs.. and maybe she can hove forward with some form of meaningful life. We recently bought a house that has a sort of second house behind it and she could stay there... I havent mentioned it to Dh yet.. and if i did this my dad would flip the F out!! am I crazy? any input?

mainly its just a vent... i just dont know where to go with what Im feeling.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:07 AM
Yup crazy

Your mom or not, she is a druggie. You have children to think about.

She may temporarily stop using but this a long term problem for her. She will find new druggie friends by your house.

She needs to hit rock bottom and seek professional help
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:10 AM

but then she goes back to my other druggie family... and her druggie friends. My thinking is that removing her from that enviornment will help with that... so that maybe the treatment she is getting in jail (its a drug treatment jail) will stick...

Quoting happymommy1105: Yup crazy Your mom or not, she is a druggie. You have children to think about. She may temporarily stop using but this a long term problem for her. She will find new druggie friends by your house. She needs to hit rock bottom and seek professional help

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:14 AM
You have clearly decided this is the best course of action.

I'm not sure why you asked for others opinions.

Ny opinion is....it's not wise to bring a druggie into a home with children. You need to think of your children first. They deserve a drug free life.

Quoting Anonymous:

but then she goes back to my other druggie family... and her druggie friends. My thinking is that removing her from that enviornment will help with that... so that maybe the treatment she is getting in jail (its a drug treatment jail) will stick...

Quoting happymommy1105: Yup crazy Your mom or not, she is a druggie. You have children to think about. She may temporarily stop using but this a long term problem for her. She will find new druggie friends by your house. She needs to hit rock bottom and seek professional help

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM

BUMP!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Don't do it. Save yourself the heartache, it will NOT end well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM

If your feeling lead to do that, go ahead and ask her if she would like to and if she wants to set up a strict arrangement and agreement that she has to follow. Hopefully, she will get on the right path being away from her drug friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)