Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i might pee.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:13 AM
  • 5 Replies
Well, ok, it feels like i might pee a little from the excitement.
Dh will be home Tuesday from his first On the road job as a truck driver. He left Monday morning and i miss him like crazy right now. He was supposed to be home today, but they gave him an extra run through Cali. So, Tuesday it is. Im planning a solo date night with just me and him, no kids. Money has been tight since the job change and we are getting by fine. But i didnt have a crap ton to spend. So... i hopped on Groupon and wha-lah. I bought us a full Sushi dinner WITH saki for $15 total, & 2 movie tickets (to see either Transformers or Act Like A Man 2) for $10. So, $25 for date night. Include $10 more for desert and tip at the restaurant, i think $35 isnt all that bad for a great date night. Im so excited. I miss him soooooo much. Its so different being all alone, having no parental help, & worrying about everything on my own. :( He has 15 months to go on his contract with this company, before he can even think of something different or buy his own truck. He is gone for 2 weeks, home for 3 days. :( not gonna be easy, but we are strong and can do it.

Is it Tuesday yet?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
eykelley
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Bump
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:19 AM
Sounds grwat! My husband trucks too, but runs a company with my grandfather locally so very little otr time!! Youre a stronger woman than me!
eykelley
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:21 AM
He wants to go local, but he has to pay his dues first. He is a newbie. This is all hitting me like a ton of bricks. Its not fun. But, it pays the bills, puts food on the table, & allows me to stay at home and finish nursing school. By the time im done he'll be in town i hope. Which is 2 years away.

Quoting kmorales7690: Sounds grwat! My husband trucks too, but runs a company with my grandfather locally so very little otr time!! Youre a stronger woman than me!
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Yea, we were just lucky my grandpa made an investment in my husbands career so he wouldnt have to go over the road, I know its tough with your man being gone. My husband was army before this.

Quoting eykelley: He wants to go local, but he has to pay his dues first. He is a newbie. This is all hitting me like a ton of bricks. Its not fun. But, it pays the bills, puts food on the table, & allows me to stay at home and finish nursing school. By the time im done he'll be in town i hope. Which is 2 years away.

Quoting kmorales7690: Sounds grwat! My husband trucks too, but runs a company with my grandfather locally so very little otr time!! Youre a stronger woman than me!
eykelley
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Being alone sucks. It does. But what sucks the most is the fear. Im so afraid hes gonna get in an accident or soemthing. He is a great and very safe driver. But, ppl are stupid. I've seen near accidents because a driver of a car was being dumb. :( it freaks me out. That phome call i get every night is what makes it easier to breathe.

Quoting kmorales7690: Yea, we were just lucky my grandpa made an investment in my husbands career so he wouldnt have to go over the road, I know its tough with your man being gone. My husband was army before this.

Quoting eykelley: He wants to go local, but he has to pay his dues first. He is a newbie. This is all hitting me like a ton of bricks. Its not fun. But, it pays the bills, puts food on the table, & allows me to stay at home and finish nursing school. By the time im done he'll be in town i hope. Which is 2 years away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)