Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This was BS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
First off let me make this clear our kids were not with us. Tonight was my dh birthday party and he wanted to have a small party well we did and it turned to shit. He got mad at me because I asked him if I should bring the girls home once everyone left and he flipped out. Then later on I ask him if he could take out the trash because it was full and he got mad well while he was taking out the trash he let the dog out and he ran away. When I told him he needed to find him he got even more pissed and threw the trash can across the yard and threw the gate keys across the yard as well. Then he storms inside and when I ask him what the heck is your problem he flips out on me infront of all his company telling me im a bitch repeatedly and flips me off and I ruined his party. Then he goes outside and cries literally cries and says I hurt his feeling because im such a bitch. All the while the worst I said was seriously I hope that makes you feel good to disrespect me like that and im not gonna argue with you. I remained sober but he was trashed what should I do about this situation everyone says cut him slack but I dont feel like I deserve this its not my fault he cant control his alcohol. I feel like leaving his ass right about now im to old for this type of shit.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shiny76
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:12 AM
5 moms liked this
Sounds to me like, you were being a bitch, it was his special night and instead of letting him enjoy his birthday you kept nagging at him to do a bunch of crap that you could have done. So no I dont think he was being a jerk
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes he was getting a jerk. Furthermore, everyone knows he was being a jerk.
Is this behavior a common occurrence when he drinks? That has relevance to how you should answer your question
lilyrose2011
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:14 AM
I would sorta cut him some slack. But not really. Just because he is going through some personal shit (which it sounds like he is) doesn't mean it ok to treat you like poo. Tall to him after he sobers up. Sounds like he needs to quit drinking.
PoisonEyeV
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I don't know what to tell you...I haven't had to deal with the outrages of a drunken SO before. It's your call. I'd assume telling him he needs to monitor his alcohol intake a bit more before he goes all psycho crazy next time would be a great start...does he normally get trashed? Or is it a once in a while type of thing...?

asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:15 AM
It sounds like he needs to leave the alcohol alone...

And you already knew he was agitated (and drunk) so why'd you keep nagging him?
PoisonEyeV
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:15 AM
3 moms liked this

Whaaaa?? She asked him to take out the trash...doesn't seem like a big deal to me. And as a consequence for letting the dog out for doing so, she asked to help find it. I don't get how she was being a bitch, am I missing something?

Quoting shiny76: Sounds to me like, you were being a bitch, it was his special night and instead of letting him enjoy his birthday you kept nagging at him to do a bunch of crap that you could have done. So no I dont think he was being a jerk

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Which part was I being a bitch about that I asked him to throw the garbage that I asked him to throw way before his little party or to help find my kids dog that he let out the back gate? Or the fact of when to bring our kids home?

Quoting shiny76: Sounds to me like, you were being a bitch, it was his special night and instead of letting him enjoy his birthday you kept nagging at him to do a bunch of crap that you could have done. So no I dont think he was being a jerk
holyhoola
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:17 AM
How old is he?
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:18 AM
He sounds immature and babyish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:18 AM
No one thought he was though, except me anyway... and yes when he drinks heavily he does and thats why I asked him not do drink to much but he got mad and did it anyway

Quoting Roo1234: Yes he was getting a jerk. Furthermore, everyone knows he was being a jerk.
Is this behavior a common occurrence when he drinks? That has relevance to how you should answer your question
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)