Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • 24 Replies

My son will be two in September, and I want to start potty training. Any tips/tricks to get him started? 

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elijahsmommy924
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:49 AM

BUMP!

PoisonEyeV
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I only have girls...bumperino

suzanneyea
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Des he already pee on the potty?

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:51 AM

my daughter isn't even 2.5 and she is fully potty trained. We just went to the store- let her pick out her big girl potty and then she picked out big girl panties (hello kitty) and we went home and took her diaper off and never looked back. It took her about 3 weeks to get it down perfect. Since then, no accidents.

Buy him a potty and see how he does with it. Try for a few days- if he's not responding well then stop and try again in a few months.

auggirl11
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Put the potty where he is the most get him big boy underwear
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:52 AM

lots and lots of positive reinforcement too! when he does pee/poop on the potty do a "potty dance" and make it a HUGE deal.

My son was totally potty trained at 29 months old. I gave him one M&M everytime he used the potty for a month straight and he caught on. Good luck!

elijahsmommy924
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:53 AM

he has a potty and underwear and he will sit on it but he thinks its a game

Quoting Jessy613:

my daughter isn't even 2.5 and she is fully potty trained. We just went to the store- let her pick out her big girl potty and then she picked out big girl panties (hello kitty) and we went home and took her diaper off and never looked back. It took her about 3 weeks to get it down perfect. Since then, no accidents.

Buy him a potty and see how he does with it. Try for a few days- if he's not responding well then stop and try again in a few months.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Wait until your DS is ready. At 2 I gave my kids thy needed to potty train, a potty chair, underwear and a DVD. Then I stepped back and let them decide when they were ready to do it. DS was 2 1/2 and DD was nearly 4. The nice part is that they were completely off diapers and trained within a week.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM

keep him in underwear everyday when he is awake and when he has an accident- bring him right to the potty.

let him watch his daddy go potty as well and that will help. our pedi gave us that advice for our son and it worked wonders.

Quoting elijahsmommy924:

Quoting Jessy613:

suzanneyea
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I don't think he is ready. Have him watch your husband pee for now.

Quoting elijahsmommy924:

Quoting Jessy613:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)