Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These kids are food snobs!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:52 AM
  • 38 Replies
2 moms liked this
One of my closest friends was watching our girls Friday night at her house while we were at a wedding. Apparently she have them pasta for dinner and my 4 yr old said, "Aunt Lisa, this tastes funny." She ate it but kept making a face and said "it's just a little weird". My friend knew what it was right away. She text me saying "these kids are food snobs! They know just by taste that I gave them sauce from a jar! Lol"

You can't fool my Italian babies! Lol they know real sauce! Sauce in a jar is like contraband to us! And yes I've already had a little chat about being polite when you're given something.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this!!!!
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha I can relate. I am also Italian and there is no way that sauce from a jar can pass for "real" sauce! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol! My family can tell too! I make pretty much everything from scratch, we can tell when something is a prepackaged food.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this
LOL! Love it.
I don't buy sauce in a jar anymore. Much easier to make your own.
ajdahd13
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM
I can't tell the difference, but I just don't pay that much attention. Plus I love my Prego Tomato and Basil sauce. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Haha. There have been times that we go to my brothers house for dinner and my kids can tell the difference when my sil cooks certain things. For example, I don't use cream if mushroom soup. I make my own. We have the being polite talk too. I guess I can't blame them. I don't like the way some of that canned stuff tastes either, which is why I make my own.
Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM
I called my MIL yesterday and told her because I knew she'd get a kick out of it. She was so proud! Lol. We take our sauce seriously.

Quoting JulyBabies:

Haha I can relate. I am also Italian and there is no way that sauce from a jar can pass for "real" sauce! 

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:12 AM
That's kinda cute! LoL
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Quoting Sparkler16: I called my MIL yesterday and told her because I knew she'd get a kick out of it. She was so proud! Lol. We take our sauce seriously.
Quoting JulyBabies:

Of course an Italian grandmother would be proud of that lol. I follow the exact same recipe as my mom and grandma and it NEVER tastes like theirs! We all can taste the difference (theirs is better!), crazy how that works. 

Lolabearlow
by boxer momma on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Lil, I can imagine the italian gramma dancing on the other end if the phone, then bragging to all het friends! "My grandbabies can tell tell if sauce is from a jar.." too funny

Quoting Sparkler16: I called my MIL yesterday and told her because I knew she'd get a kick out of it. She was so proud! Lol. We take our sauce seriously.

Quoting JulyBabies:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)