Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drinking isn't fun....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
Last night, SO went out golfing for a charity. Everyone was boozing all day long.

I met up with everyone on the boat. It was mostly his family. It was a good time.

But, the longer I stayed there, the more everyone wanted to point out that I wasn't drinking. I finally can out to everyone (after five years) and didn't make a lame excuse - but told them I don't like to drink. Because I don't. I hate drinking. I hate feeling drunk.

Does anyone else get this? I'll have some nights when I'm down to drink but most nights out, I prefer to be sober.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandyns87
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I like drinking, but I understand some people just aren't into it.
nopenope666
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:32 AM
No...I'm the drinker, but df isn't big on the booze. Since I've been pregnant, I've noticed how fucking annoying drunk people are though...just sayin.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I don't drink often. If I do, it's only a few cocktails, or a couple shots. I only drink socially. And I don't even drink enough to get buzzed, let alone drunk, because I cannot stand the feeling. I've been drunk once, and I didn't like it. 

WaffleHead
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I like drinking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerlove3677
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I like to have a drink. I don't need to get drunk but some people can't understand that
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I got a little tipsy last night, lol. If you don't like it, don't let people pressure you into it or make you feel self conscious about it. You don't owe them an explanation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
It's pissed me off for years now! I always feel like a buzz kill when I really shouldn't be. I get it - none of these people have kids and they have nothing to do but sleep in the AM but I just can't hang like that anymore.

And, it's not like I'm being rude about being sober - I still have a good time.

Quoting Brandyns87: I like drinking, but I understand some people just aren't into it.
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Since I have had kids I haven't liked to drink very much. Once in a great while I don't mind a mixed drink or a glass of wine. I don't like to be out of control when my kids are around.

elijahsmommy924
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:35 AM

i dont dring and i hate being drunk i get picked on for it but i dont care id rather be sober

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I don't drink often. I mostly socially drink. And I don't go out just to drink.....it kind of just happens. I wouldn't choose to just go out drinking. I feel ya.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)