Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I see a cat outside I call animal control....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
2 moms liked this
It is illegal for cats to not be restrained at all times. We have such a bad cat problem that AC recommends that any cat you see you call them so I do. The number of cats has gone way down. They are doing a spay/neuter program and we havent seen as many kittens this year.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Okay.
Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

It isn't illegal here so they wouldn't care. I do work with a group that catches feral cats, gets them fixed and then releases them. It has cut down the number of feral cats dramatically.

Missdameanor
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM
12 moms liked this
Trollcat is NOT going to be happy about this...nope, not even a little bit =(
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Do they actually respond though? Animal Control where I live is a joke. They don't even care about the big slightly aggressive dogs that roam free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Yes they come and pick the cat up.

Quoting Mamabear010:

Do they actually respond though? Animal Control where I live is a joke. They don't even care about the big slightly aggressive dogs that roam free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Shrugs. I believe in only indoor cats myself so call away. I have never seen a point in an outdoor cat anyway not to mention they usually die sooner and have more problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Well I bet your negbors just love you. if the cat is not hurting anything then MYOB.
onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM

In Los Angeles cats are specifically exempt from the leash law and owners are not required to contain them to their property. There's loads of cats around here, but they're well cared for and healthy.  The only feral cats I see live on the movie studio I work at.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Outdoor cats in general hurt the bird population and they are out of control

Plus it is against the law.

Quoting Anonymous: Well I bet your negbors just love you. if the cat is not hurting anything then MYOB.
thetrollcat
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

well, I agree cat population is out of control and sadly the cats are paying the price for humon laziness not taking care of their fucking pets. As much as I LOVE all felines, it breaks my heart so many get put down, but realisticly we need to do something about the excessive population.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)