Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this make ANY sense???!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

DH wants me to go to work full time, 40hrs a week instead of 25-28 a week and then hire a babysitter to watch our children whole he sleeps because he works overnights. .....uhhh.....working 4 hrs and paying somebody to watch my kids for those 40 hours would pretty much be my whole check for the little amount I make. We are better off with him watching them for those 27 hrs, at most, sometimes it's only 15 hrs a week. I'm not going to pay somebody to watch my kids when I could have myself of DH watch them and save us money. ...Crazy ass Husbands.

Would you work more and hire a sitter or keep your part time hours so you save money and have more time with your family????

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM

BUMP!

Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM
I stayed home until preschool
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM

BUMP!

mary716
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:30 AM
If it were only going towards gas and child care, then no, there is no point. If most of check was going towards bills, house payments, groceries etc., then yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:30 AM

My oldest starts kindergarten in august.  My middle will be 2 yrs august 30th and my littlest is about to be 7 months. 

Quoting Reading.Rainbow: I stayed home until preeschool

TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:30 AM
If your whole check is going to someone watching the kids it doesn't make sense
ermka
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I didn't work for a long time simply because it was more cost effective for me not to. It doesn't make ant sense to work just to pay for child care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:32 AM

DH checks cover the bills with extra left over. Mine covers gas and usually the essential needs for the house,  cleaning supplies, bathroom needs, etc. And if the kids need clothes or shoes or me and DH need anything.

Quoting mary716: If it were only going towards gas and child care, then no, there is no point. If most of check was going towards bills, house payments, groceries etc., then yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Just recently I was working at least 40 hours during the day and he was working full time overnights. No babysitter and no sleep.
mary716
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Would you still be able to cover those things with your check if you had to pay full time child care?

Quoting Anonymous:

DH checks cover the bills with extra left over. Mine covers gas and usually the essential needs for the house,  cleaning supplies, bathroom needs, etc. And if the kids need clothes or shoes or me and DH need anything.

Quoting mary716: If it were only going towards gas and child care, then no, there is no point. If most of check was going towards bills, house payments, groceries etc., then yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)